Carp Anglers Group Forums

Hi all!....

Rocky winter-too prolonged, but managed to catch fish every month so far!....Had 90 minutes to fish this evening, just before dark at the local creek.......just came up with a new pack bait, and low and behold, caught two on a strawberry, panko, sweet corn, bird seed combo on a fake corn hair rig, but one on the new combo- sweet pea panko and bird seed!........the first strawberry was 4-15, then the sweet pea 6-5 and finally topped it off with a very nice 10-10!........stuffs warmin up!!!.........good luck all!......

common carp april 10 2018 4lb 15oz.JPGcommon carp april 10 2018 6lb 5oz.JPGcommon carp april 10 20018 10lb 10oz.JPG

Awesome!! You caught the entire shoal it seems! Didn't know sweet peas were a carp bait, I'll have to try it out.

Sweet pea, panko, birdseed?  Packbait?  Canned peas?  Inquiring minds want to know.  OK, so I'm nosy.

Nice catches! No question that this is one of the best ways to kill an hour.

Yes!, so.....longer story- I used what I call a pea-corn sandwich a couple years ago, with a subtle bite technique- one kernel of sweet corn on a #4 gamakatsu circle hook (now use only korda krank microbarb), then a crushed sweet corn kernel, then one canned sweet pea, then one more kernel, on a slip-sinker system- deadly on creek carp!!...graduated to hair rigs and almost always use those now, but you loose more in rocky creeks.......there's something about peas that is a definite attractant- caught several fish in the low 20s on that combination....so....simply mix sweet pea juice, panko, and bird seed together in a pack on a method lead with a hair rig.- The carp that hit, smashed it-wild run!.......the carp still aren't very active yet, but much better...only days away from a big upswing I think!.....  :)

peas are great carp bait.  I usually buy a bag of frozen peas and bring them with me when I go float fishing.  sometimes I add a little bit of rock salt to them.  

when I go float fishing, I use my traditional carp baits that people used ages ago.  I do mess around with sweet corn and as I mentioned above peas when float fishing but, mostly I use potatoes and corn meal dough that I make.  In italy, some anglers rip the waters apart with these baits.  The dough bait, they add extra things in it that remains a secret.  I don't even know it.  You could be standing 5 ft away from these guys and they will make you look like an amateur.