Carp Anglers Group Forums

It was super windy today but I'm sure as heck not going to miss an opportunity to fish. 20mph winds that had the marina I was fishing at almost whitecapping! This was my first time ever at Lake Ray Hubbard, but it definitely won't be my last. All fish were caught on corn and some leftover oats and chili method mix from my last trip at Grapevine, and were released to fight another day!

cWJ0tKZ.jpgThis little guy wasn't even 5ft from me when I was baiting up yesterday, probably not too good that he isn't scared of humans.

essgGJX.jpg First catch of the day seems a little wounded or diseased. Didn't touch him and cleaned my mat and net right after. Anyone know what this was?

EsTMWw6.jpgDamon's going to be pissed that I already broke his 18lb PB. Guess it'll give him something to shoot for! Broke my previous PB of 16lb with this 23lb 1oz, 31.5in beauty!

Pz0iPXs.jpg40 minutes later and yet another PB! This gorgeous fish clocked in at 28lb 12oz and 33in! What a beast!

wiUNSGG.jpgLittle carp action in between the giants that were biting today

G52c4G4.jpg

wRjM0Nh.jpgIs this a ghost carp? I think so, but I'm not too sure as I've never caught one before. He had some patterning on his back as well. 13lb 9oz

cC3z9sc.jpgIt sure is crazy that this was my smallest buff of the day, it's still 4.5lbs over my previous PB! 20lb 8oz, 30.5in

26WGE1z.jpgAnother ghost? Didn't weigh him but he looked exactly the same as the other, even the pattern on top.

oEIKdn7.jpgLast fish I weighed for the day, solid 12lb 1oz Common Carp

owH7kFZ.jpg I had just finished packing up and was just about to pull this rod out of the water when it took off, and I landed this dark little carp. Always nice to get that last bite!

"Take only memories, leave only footprints, kill only time."

Thanks Dale and Aaron! Can't wait to get out again. :carprock:

Great job again!!!....send some warm weather our way would-ya?........the first carp has lost some scales, likely some form of trauma, then the healing tissue response takes over......if the carp is healthy, it should heal.....................

On 4/14/2018 at 6:35 PM, (MO) MOCarper said:

Great job again!!!....send some warm weather our way would-ya?........the first carp has lost some scales, likely some form of trauma, then the healing tissue response takes over......if the carp is healthy, it should heal.....................

Thanks! I dunno if I can do that, even the weather here in Texas is spotty. We've had days where it's 80 then right after it gets down to 40. I've had someone tell me that the wound could be from spawning, but I don't think they've done that just yet.

Thanks KingKool!