Carp Anglers Group Forums
(GA) needmotime2fish

Georgia Spring 2018 Fish-in

Date:  Saturday, May 5, 2018       Time:   Park opens at 7:00 AM

Everyone is welcome, both CAG members as well as guests.  But please let me know if you plan to attend.  I'll be cooking hot dogs for lunch, and it helps to know how many people to plan for.  THANKS!

The carp fishing here is usually pretty good in the spring.  Although the fish average on the small side, there are plenty of them in the lake -- including lots of mirrors.  However, we do sometimes catch a few double-digit carp, and a 20 pound fish is caught now and then (but those are rare).

I hope to see you there!

PLEASE NOTE !!!   The GEORGIA SPRING 2018 FISH-IN has been cancelled (or postponed ?) until further notice.

With a light turnout already expected, plus a very unfavorable weather forecast that would have deterred some of the few who had planned to come, I decided to cancel the event for now.   If and when I find a new date, I will post it here and on the CAG Facebook page.

I will keep an eye out for a new date.  I had obligations this weekend, but if its on a free weekend, I will make a point to take the trip down there and meet some of our southern neighbors.