Carp Anglers Group Forums

As TN state chair, one of my responsibilities is to organize some fish-ins for the members and guests. To get started, how many would be interested in attending at least two this year? One member suggested this would determine what kind of venue would be needed, both for travel convenience for out of state carpers and TN carpers. Your answer is appreciated. I have some venues in mind but a couple might be limited to the numbers of carpers.

I'm game. Can't travel no great distance at the moment, but certainly interested if its in my range, and something doesn't come up where I can't attend.

Could attend a weekend fish-in if mandatory overtime at work doesn't interfere.

As long as there is nothing on my calendar for the date chosen, I will be there.  I can drive a good distance as well, I live a good ways from most places so I am used to it.

Thanks for the response.  Spoon, maybe you need to get another job. 😉 One that doesn't interfere with carp fishing.

Count me in. Would love to fish in neighboring states and this sounds like an excellent opportunity to wet a line in Tennessee. As long as its not the last 2 weeks in august I can attend. 

I'm sure that there are a few of us here in Georgia who would attend at least one TN fish-in - if not more - particularly if the venue is in eastern TN -- or maybe central.

Interstate 75 provides fairly easy access to a number of  possible venues on the Tennessee River system, and I-24 opens up several others to the west (e.g., Nickajack, Tim's Ford) that are from 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 hours from the Atlanta area.

Thanks to all for your input.  Am checking the calendar to see what is on my schedule and holidays.