Carp Anglers Group Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Reckless1

lovin the pva

Don't see much action in the forum, so instead of just creepin, I figured I'd write a bit  .Went carpin in lake Erie at about 5pm today with a buddy.  Used corn on a hair  Starting feeding area 2 days ago  No luck for a couple hours, thought it was because the waves were too big.  Started adding a pva bag with my special mix, and in the next 2 hours we hooked 10 and landed 6. (losses due to problems with new hooks and old line).  2, 16 pounders and the smallest about 8 pounds.  I thought the waves meant no fish, but pva saved the day.

Welcome to the Board, Reckless1.

Nice going on Erie.  Sounds like your addition of a PVA bag made the difference and helped 'em zero in on your bait.  I have secret mixes too but it's only secret because I can never remember what I've mixed in.  lol

Although it can be uncomfortable fishing a windblown shoreline( especially when it's cold ), I find the actual fishing is usually better.        

Wind stirs up the bottom causing the critters that hide there to become exposed, attracting fish to feed on them. It also adds oxygen and changes the temperature. It's one of the best kept secrets for fishing success! Sometimes adding a bit of free offerings around your baits can make all the difference, I never fish without some form of packbait myself. Glad to hear you turned what could have been a blank into a success! Keep it up!

Edit: Maybe add a few pics next time? If there isn't a picture then there wasn't a fish!