Carp Anglers Group Forums

i have unconfirmed reports of a massive 48lb carp being caught from Connecticut some time today, i have seen the pictures and its a beast !

however,i have been informed that the captor does not want to claim the record,why i have no idea,i do have pictures of the fish and will post them when i know more.

Woah awesome! Keep us updated.

Would you mind posting a photo? I’d love to see it!

Huge congrats to Roland Olah! As for not pursuing the record, there can be multiple reasons. Some states require you to weigh the fish only at certified weigh stations, you can't use your own. There's a huge chance of the fish not making it so it's not worth the risk. Records also draw the attention of bowfishermen. Personally I wouldn't submit any records for that very reason.

Thanks to former Steve Clow, a former State Chair, CT allows potential record carp to be weighed on Certified Scales at the place of capture in the presence of an independent witness.  So no need to kill or transport a fish. 

Roland said he did not want to claim a record but as everyone can see it is a magnificent fish and a dream capture.

What an amazing fish... Can't recall seeing one that long... Congrats Roland!

9 hours ago, (CT) Savayman said:

Thanks to former Steve Clow, a former State Chair, CT allows potential record carp to be weighed on Certified Scales at the place of capture in the presence of an independent witness.  So no need to kill or transport a fish. 

Roland said he did not want to claim a record but as everyone can see it is a magnificent fish and a dream capture.

Didn't know that, great to see that CAG is doing amazing work all over the place!

Why take a chance on the fish while waiting for a scale to be brought to the location? I commend his decision.