Carp Anglers Group Forums
FJR1

FFF 2019 - Post All FFF 2019 Sunrise Photo Entries here

This “FFF 2019 - Post All FFF 2019 Sunrise Photos here” thread is where you will post all of your photos of FFF 2019 sunrises.

post-8343-0-08175200-1451699219_thumb.jp

The FFF Sunrise Award goes to every FFF 2019 registrant who submits a photograph of the first sunrise of the year. The primary intention of this category is to share some fabulous January 1 photos with fellow CAG anglers. In fact, if it’s too foggy, cloudy, snowy, or rainy, you can still take a picture at the approximate time of sunrise. The picture may or may not include a fish, but it should include at least some kind of indication that you are fishing (water, rod, pod, net, etc.). Anyone submitting a sunrise picture earns an FFF 2019 Sunrise certificate. 

1. You must be a CAG member registered for FFF 2019 to submit a photo.

2.  All who submit a photo on this thread will receive a special FFF 2019 Sunrise certificate for download shortly after the conclusion of the event.

3. Weather on January 1 is not always conducive to a clear sunrise picture. If you can't see the sun, you may take a picture at the approximate time of sunrise and still be eligible for the Sunrise award.
post-6148-0-31700900-1451749932_thumb.jp

4.  The sunrise photo has to include some evidence that you are fishing (water, a fish, a rod, a pod, a reel, an angler, etc.). You are welcome, however, to also include fish, people, food, pods, vehicles, buildings, bridges, etc.

5. The best way to post a photo is to drag it to the the bottom of each posting window or to choose a file as indicated at the bottom of each posting window.

If you are having problems with the photo posting options, I will take your photo and caption information via e-mail and post the photo for you.  However, you should know how to post photos on the forum, so please don’t abuse this option. E-mail me at fjrink@comcast.net or pm me at FJR1.  I'll need your e-mailed entries at least two hours before the January 4 deadline to allow me to process and post the pictures by the posting deadline: 1:00 p.m. EST, Noon CST, 11:00 a.m. MST, 10:00 a.m. PST.

gallery_1929_219_120565.jpg

6.  Every and all photo award entries must be posted on this thread by 1:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (that’s Noon Central, 11 AM Mountain, 10 AM Pacific) on Friday, January 4, 2019.  No exceptions!

7. Please type within each photo’s post the following caption information: 
A. Your name (first and last). 
B. The state/province where the photo was taken.
C. The venue or city where the photo was taken (This is optional if you want to maintain some secrecy about your venue.).

8. Don't forget! - Every and all sunrise/carp sculpture entries must be posted on this thread by 1:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (that’s Noon Central, 11 AM Mountain, 10 AM Pacific) on Friday, January 4, 2019.  No exceptions!

Thank you. We look forward to some great sunrise and snowcap/sandcarp shots

Don't forget to register for FFF 2019 by 11:59 p.m. on Monday, December 31, 2018. Registering much earlier than that, like right now, is always appreciated. Thanks.—Frank Rink, FFF 2019 Coordinator

Sample Entry for FFF 2019 Sunrise Photo

clear-lake-sunrise.jpg

Ian Morris
California
Clear Lake, CA 
(divulging specific location is optional)

Click here to post all FFF 2019 Carp Entries/Captures/Photos
Click here for FFF 2019 Detailed Rules.
Click here for FFF 2019 Contest Categories and Prizes.

Click here to post all FFF 2019 Jerome Adventure Tale Entries

Click here to post all FFF 2019 Sunrise Photos

Mr carp and I enjoying the sunrise

47B7B2E7-290C-4763-AD48-D75BB656D670.jpeg

mike_seal_fff2019_sunrise.jpg
Mike Seal
Pennsylvania

......and i didn't see it posted, but in years past there was a category linked to the sunrise certificate for snow carp/sand carp entry....... well, not sure it is a category this year, but I went ahead and did one.....unfortunately no snow, and, no sand, so hopefully this one will do- A carp made of goldfish crackers!!!.....how appropriate eh?.......just lament not being able to eat them, ya know ::))

IMG_5528.JPGIMG_5529.JPG

Edited by (MO) MOCarper
removed redundant pictures

This serves as a gentle reminder that every and all entries for FFF 2019 awards must be posted on this thread by 1:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (that’s Noon Central, 11 AM Mountain, 10 AM Pacific) on Friday, January 4, 2019.  That is today!

Award prize donors have been finalized. Once winners are announced, I will be asking for your e-mail addresses for prize distribution.

Huge thanks to CAG for funding the prizes and to CAG President Iain Sorrell for arranging/organizing the prize package!

iain_carp_sample.jpg

First Fish and Lucky 13 (13 anglers catching the earliest carp of 2019) award winners and Jerome Adventure Tale (Written and Pictorial Summary of your FFF 2019 Experience) award winners will receive vouchers for CAG Store purchases!
cag_logo_correct_color.jpg

Huge thanks to Linear Bait Co. and Brian Wisnowski for providing vouchers at a highly discounted rate to CAG for FFF 2019 prizes!
Linear Bait Logo.jpg

Monster (Big Fish) award winners, Emperor Persistence (Most Fish) award winners, Baby (Small Fish) award winners,  and Scubadoc Mirror (Big Mirror) award winners will receive vouchers for Linear Bait Co. purchases!

Don't forget 
that every and all entries for awards must be posted on this thread by 1:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (that’s Noon Central, 11 AM Mountain, 10 AM Pacific) on Friday, January 4, 2019.  That is today!

Best of luck to all! --Frank Rink

Click here to post all FFF 2019 Carp Entries/Captures/Photos
Click here for FFF 2019 Detailed Rules.
Click here for FFF 2019 Contest Categories and Prizes.

Click here to post all FFF 2019 Jerome Adventure Tale Entries

Click here to post all FFF 2019 Sunrise Photos

bettisch.jpg
Chad Bettisch
Joliet, IL

rink.jpg

Frank Rink
Joliet, IL

We are less than two hours to the deadline for posting an entry in FFF 2019. 

You've got less than five minutes to post an FFF 2019 entry!

do it now.jpg

The opportunity for FFF 2019 submissions is now closed.  Thanks to all who participated or attempted to participate in FFF 2019!  Results will be posted within the next 48 hours.  Thanks, again, to all who were involved in CAG's First Fishing Folly 2019! --Frank Rink

closed_entries.jpg

On 1/3/2019 at 6:25 PM, (MO) MOCarper said:

......and i didn't see it posted, but in years past there was a category linked to the sunrise certificate for snow carp/sand carp entry....... well, not sure it is a category this year, but I went ahead and did one.....unfortunately no snow, and, no sand, so hopefully this one will do- A carp made of goldfish crackers!!!.....how appropriate eh?.......just lament not being able to eat them, ya know ::))

IMG_5528.JPGIMG_5529.JPG

This is incredible! You are such an amazing artist. Best FFF creative submission *EVER*.

FFF 2019 is over!  CAG’s FFF 2020 will be held on Wednesday, January 1, 2020!  I hope you will consider participating.

Thanks to the Carp Anglers Group (CAG) for funding the prizes, to Linear Bait Co. and Brian Wisnowski for a generous discount to CAG for Linear Bait Co. vouchers/prizes, to Jerome Moisand for helping judge the “Jerome Adventure Tale” category, and to Iain Sorrell for prize solicitation, for helping judge the “Jerome Adventure Tale” category, and for his continual support and leadership as CAG president!

Biggest thanks to the 83 anglers who registered for the event and to the 22 anglers who submitted entries.  You captured 106 carp weighing in excess of 900 pounds.  Not bad for the conditions that many of you faced on 1/1/19!

I have sent messages, either through the CAG Forum Message system or through CAG’s Facebook Messages, to the prize winners. 

Those messages include your voucher code if you were a CAG Store voucher winner and/or a request for your email address if you were a Linear Bait Co. voucher winner (so your voucher can be coded and finalized).  If you are a Linear Bait Co. voucher winner, please respond to me with your email address by Wednesday, January 9, 2019.  Thank you!

It was an enjoyable event for me in the planning, execution, and participation (even though I blanked this year), and in seeing some incredible catches, stories, and photos.  Thanks to all involved and congratulations to the winners!  Tight lines in 2019!

Dr. Frank Rink
Coordinator of FFF 2019, FFF 2018, FFF 2017, FFF 2016, FFF 2015, FFF 2014