Carp Anglers Group Forums
Tariq

Question about a specific piece of carp tackle

Folks,

Had a quick question about a very specific piece of carp tackle.  I'm looking for a Chub Outkast Stalker 6 ft. 2 piece rod.  Any ideas as to where I can order it from other than harrissportsmail.  Just wanted something compact for a change that I can travel with.  Taking my 10 footers everywhere if not that fun 😋.

Can't help with your question but I have advocated a 10-13 foot rod with three pieces. My 13 footers broken down into two pieces fit in my Honda Odyssey van but the little Ford Ecosport is too short.

Edited by (TN) Cannonball

I might give a 3 piece rod a shot.  Was always worried about the integrity of a 3 piece rod.  99% of my rods are 2 piece so maybe I just need to get over it 😅.  I always wanted to get a telescopic Daiwa for traveling given that I've had great experience with Daiwa tenkara poles but something about a telescopic regular fishing pole gives me the heebie-jeebies.

There are fly rods that have as many as seven pieces for backpacking. With any graphite rod, make sure the ferrules are snug. The least little bit of play will cause the female ferrule to crack. Had a fellow who cracked his rod tip by doing this. He asked if I would fix it. He wrapped it with sewing thread and coated it with super Glue! Totally ruined it.

Edited by (TN) Cannonball

6' is a bit short & don't get fixated on "Carp Rod" as the official classification...

look for the more Moderate actions among 3-pc. Inshore rods (7'-8') & Salmon/Steelhead rods 8'+

20 hours ago, philaroman said:

6' is a bit short & don't get fixated on "Carp Rod" as the official classification...

look for the more Moderate actions among 3-pc. Inshore rods (7'-8') & Salmon/Steelhead rods 8'+

Good advice.