Carp Anglers Group Forums

Just wanted to share this shot of a 33 banked the other day. Probably the fattest fish I've ever pulled in, especially for a river fish. Close to being wider than long!      😄  

FAT 33 20190529_194940.jpg

2 hours ago, Jerome said:

I've seen a few fish like that, and I am pretty sure this is some sort of skin infection. I wouldn't touch such fish with my bare hands, quite frankly. 

Too late now lol. Thanks for the heads up anyway.

3 hours ago, screamerdreamer said:

Just wanted to share this shot of a 33 banked the other day. Probably the fattest fish I've ever pulled in, especially for a river fish. Close to being wider than long!      😄  

FAT 33 20190529_194940.jpg

WOW- that's really impressive, especially for a river fish. I creek fish a lot and those carp are longer, stronger and leaner than lake carp, the majority of the latter don't fight nearly as strong- WELL DONE!!!

5 hours ago, David Dakin said:

Wow that’s an impressive belly on that pig. Nice haul my friend..👍🏼

Thanks David!

1 hour ago, (MO) MOCarper said:

WOW- that's really impressive, especially for a river fish. I creek fish a lot and those carp are longer, stronger and leaner than lake carp, the majority of the latter don't fight nearly as strong- WELL DONE!!!

Appreciate it MO! Yeah we catch a lot of those long, lean ones which made this one so surprising. Looks to me like a a pre-spawn female with a lot of eggs and probably a lot of the cooked corn I was heavily pre-baiting with!

Had a blast on the bank side today with my good buddy Todd Richer. As a was giving a hand landing his mid 30s beauty, I hooked into an lower 30 gem. Good times. 

BE675726-86BF-4019-A11A-1DA728D272E4.png

1 minute ago, David Dakin said:

Had a blast on the bank side today with my good buddy Todd Richer. As a was giving a hand landing his mid 30s beauty, I hooked into an lower 30 gem. Good times. 

A brace of 30s? Very cool!

1 hour ago, Jerome said:

A brace of 30s? Very cool!

Thanks Jerome.  It’s that glad there’s an extra net handy kind of excitement we all love. 

2 hours ago, David Dakin said:

WOW!...... a pair of 30lbrs AND a pair of great carpers!!!! Whats the odds??????   great work again!

12 hours ago, (MO) MOCarper said:

WOW!...... a pair of 30lbrs AND a pair of great carpers!!!! Whats the odds??????   great work again!

You didn't say how much the carpers weighed.☺️

16 hours ago, David Dakin said:

Good looking fish!  That’s awesome!

Couple fish we ran into!  I spent most the time netting Kody’s fish as he caught twice as many as me!  

7A885B41-B803-4DF3-AB96-96E8FA94EC2E.jpeg

1FAC79C8-5C65-44F5-A93F-43BBB189E447.jpeg

On 6/2/2019 at 6:06 PM, David Dakin said:

Good Times Indeed!!    The Best of Times in Fact!!!  This is just one of many awesome sessions we had this spring, although many were not as  productive as this day, they were all memorable.    " Let the Good Times Roll! "

Todd

New PB    39lbs 9oz

39lb9ozsu6-2019.JPG

7 minutes ago, Barry said:

New PB    39lbs 9oz

Even the fish looks proud of himself! Terrific!!

PS. Darn it! You just kicked me out of the top-10... Intolerable!

43 minutes ago, Barry said:

New PB    39lbs 9oz

39lb9ozsu6-2019.JPG

Excellent looking pig there. Congrats Barry!!

Wow! You guys are catching some absolute lumps. It is great to see the future of our sport capture such beautiful specimen. Very nice job everyone! 

Barry, congrats on that PB.  Terrific fish!

Dave and Todd....just WOW....love that photo.  You guys are killing it!

So, if any of you have any compassion for the Midwest, you would use your investments to divert those waterways towards Missouri. I can give you specific GPS coordinates! I will take care of chumming the route, and would safely turn any monsters I catch in the general direction back towards you when released. But, you know carp- they have a mind of their own and may choose to stick around.....If it's easier, I'll travel out there I guess......:sleep: Congrats to all!!!!!..Truly impressive!!.......   MO

smiley-laughing-to-tears[1].png

Well, with only a couple days left, caught my second largest common tonight, 3rd of 4 fish, the others of which were low teeners-this one played with the hair for 5-7 minutes and took off like a tarpon,  but tired within minutes......almost thicker than it is long!!.....and then it stormed, once again- ......thanks for the quick response to my request David!!......I did what I said and pointed her towards the Northeast........:P    MO

CAG Big Four Spring 2019 24 lbs 0 oz June 11 2019  907 pm.JPG

So...........unlikely I'll get any bigger fish tonight; this is likely my CAG Big Four Spring 2019.  24-0, 22-2, 21-1 and 21-0........Can't compete with the big boys out east, but around here-respectful catches, and they're only gonna get bigger!.........Thanks to all who helped organize the event and the anglers that participated!!!. Was great fun!!!..............  MO

CAG Big Four Spring 2019 24lb 0ounces June 11 2019.JPGCAG Big Four Spring 2019 22lb 2 oz May 10 2019.JPGCAG Big Four Spring 2019 21kb 1 oz May 10 2019.JPGCAG Big Four Spring 2019 21lbs 0oz May 4 2019.JPG

Beautiful fish! 

3 hours ago, (MO) MOCarper said:

So...........unlikely I'll get any bigger fish tonight; this is likely my CAG Big Four Spring 2019.  24-0, 22-2, 21-1 and 21-0........Can't compete with the big boys out east, but around here-respectful catches, and they're only gonna get bigger!.........Thanks to all who helped organize the event and the anglers that participated!!!. Was great fun!!!..............  MO

CAG Big Four Spring 2019 24lb 0ounces June 11 2019.JPGCAG Big Four Spring 2019 22lb 2 oz May 10 2019.JPGCAG Big Four Spring 2019 21kb 1 oz May 10 2019.JPGCAG Big Four Spring 2019 21lbs 0oz May 4 2019.JPG

Excellent work MO a true rugged carper for sure. Your hard work this spring put some beauty’s on the mat. You’re welcome anytime to share the bank with me here on the CT. River. Well done my friend.👍🏼