Carp Anglers Group Forums

Regions as below plus Region V which covers Canada & Mexico

To qualify for a Regional Award you must act within all the Rules for the Spring Big 4 2019 and have the State of Capture started in the Leaderboard for all fish in your top 4 which MUST be the same State. 

B2030BD6-E49B-4492-BECE-5BDE0B12BBFE.jpeg

Edited by Philip nathan
Update

Great!!!!..........helps to see this so early in the season!!!!! warms us all up when we are sitting in -6F looking at frozen venues!!.........thanks Nathan. Any update on the dates of competition?............................

Ooops!- just saw the dates on another thread!- great job guys!!.......

Hi. Have a question please to clarify regions: I fish the Potomac, sometimes in DC, sometimes in VA. If I read this right, in order to qualify for a regional award, I must catch all of my fish in only 1 of those jurisdictions correct (even though both are in Region 1)? I can't enter 2 fish from DC and 2 from VA even though both come from the same Potomac river? Assuming so, this means I'll need to concentrate my efforts in only 1 of those jurisdictions (why I want to be sure I understand). Thanks for any help.

You can post in both regions you just have to state which fish is caught in which state when you upload your info on the leaderboard

Thanks Sam but I will only be in one Region (Region 1), but have the close by option of 2 states. I fish the Potomac and have options to fish it both in DC and VA (close to me), both of which are in Region 1. So this means I can only fish ONE of those 2 states, DC or VA but not both?

"To qualify for a Regional Award you must act within all the Rules for the Spring Big 4 2019 and have the State of Capture started in the Leaderboard for all fish in your top 4 which MUST be the same State. "

I just want to clarify so I can plan to fish just one of these 2 states if that is the case.

On 2/21/2019 at 7:44 PM, screamerdreamer said:

Thanks Sam but I will only be in one Region (Region 1), but have the close by option of 2 states. I fish the Potomac and have options to fish it both in DC and VA (close to me), both of which are in Region 1. So this means I can only fish ONE of those 2 states, DC or VA but not both?

"To qualify for a Regional Award you must act within all the Rules for the Spring Big 4 2019 and have the State of Capture started in the Leaderboard for all fish in your top 4 which MUST be the same State. "

I just want to clarify so I can plan to fish just one of these 2 states if that is the case.

Yes for Regional awards all 4 fish entered must come from one region.

You can fish as many regions as you like and enter your top 4 fish from anywhere in North America to compete in the overall Big 4 Prizes. 

So now I'm confused...I can fish every state in my region and still be ok for the big 4....correct?

Thanks Barry, that's my question too. If I can, I'd like to fish 2 states in the same Region 1 (same water). Doesn't look like I can if I read the rules right but that's what I want clarified.

I think Ian explained it ok, as I also fish two states predominantly, but maybe a third this spring, and the way I look at it is;

I catch my 4 largest carp-  2 carp in Missouri, 1 in Kansas and 1 in Louisiana for a total of 105 lbs which places me 5th in the CAG Big Four

I catch the 2 carp in Missouri and 2 in Kansas totaling  90lbs, which places me First in Region II (can't use the Louisana carp cause its in a different Region)...

Is that correct IAN/Nathan? ......

Thx MO. I hope someone in charge clarifies this for certain because that seems to be opposite of what I see in the rules:

"To qualify for a Regional Award you must act within all the Rules for the Spring Big 4 2019 and have the State of Capture started in the Leaderboard for all fish in your top 4 which MUST be the same State. "

I just would like to know for sure in order to plan my fishing and not find out later I wasted trips if I fish 2 different states (in my Region 1).

OK let me try to clarify...

The Top Ten Big 4 Prizes, are awarded to the Biggest Four Carp caught ANYWHERE in North America. So you can travel all over and enter carp caught anywhere in USA, Canada or even Mexico. This also includes the prizes for Big Common and Big Mirror.

The Regional Awards, on the other hand, are only for carp caught in the states represented within each region. That's why we ask you to indicate each state in which you caught an individual fish. So if, for example, you enter for an award in Region III the carp must be caught ONLY from states within that region. So even if you're overall Big 4 Fish fall outside the Top Ten Prizes you might still be eligible for a Regional Award.

I hope this clarifies things.

Edited by (CT) Savayman

Thanks for responding Ian. My question is particular to the Regional award only. I will only fish Region 1. I fish the Potomac River and can fish it from several swims in 2 different states. Can I enter 4 fish (total) from 2 different STATES in Region 1 and still qualify for a regional award (like say 2 from DC and 2 from VA)? The rules (see below) seem to indicate they have to be from the same (one) state in the region. That's what is confusing me. If it has to be one state, then I will know to concentrate my efforts in just one to qualify for a Regional Award.

"To qualify for a Regional Award you must act within all the Rules for the Spring Big 4 2019 and have the State of Capture started in the Leaderboard for all fish in your top 4 which MUST be the same State. "

BTW, thanks for everything you do for the club!

On 2/24/2019 at 1:09 PM, screamerdreamer said:

Thx MO. I hope someone in charge clarifies this for certain because that seems to be opposite of what I see in the rules:

I just would like to know for sure in order to plan my fishing and not find out later I wasted trips if I fish 2 different states (in my Region 1).

Yes fish caught in any of a regions states will qualify for a Regional award

Rule under discussion should say "Must be in the same region" not state

Totally agree Keith. This would eliminate the confusion. Rule says this:

"To qualify for a Regional Award you must act within all the Rules for the Spring Big 4 2019 and have the State of Capture started in the Leaderboard for all fish in your top 4 which MUST be the same State. "

Should say this:

"To qualify for a Regional Award you must act within all the Rules for the Spring Big 4 2019 and have the State of Capture started in the Leaderboard for all fish in your top 4 which MUST be the same REGION. "

On 1/31/2019 at 5:37 PM, Philip nathan said:

NOTE AMMENDED RULE

Regions as below plus Region V which covers Canada & Mexico

To qualify for a Regional Award you must act within all the Rules for the Spring Big 4 2019 and have the State of Capture stated in the Leaderboard for all fish in your top 4 which MUST be the same Region to qualify for a regional prize.  

B2030BD6-E49B-4492-BECE-5BDE0B12BBFE.jpeg

On 3/7/2019 at 5:45 AM, screamerdreamer said:

Totally agree Keith. This would eliminate the confusion. Rule says this:

"To qualify for a Regional Award you must act within all the Rules for the Spring Big 4 2019 and have the State of Capture started in the Leaderboard for all fish in your top 4 which MUST be the same State. "

Should say this:

"To qualify for a Regional Award you must act within all the Rules for the Spring Big 4 2019 and have the State of Capture started in the Leaderboard for all fish in your top 4 which MUST be the same REGION. "

Yes, clearly.

Phil, could you please update the first post? This confused me too...