Carp Anglers Group Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NVWalt

Madisonville Lake

So I decided to take up carp fishing and seeing as Madisonville lake is only 14 miles from my home in Tellico Plains I thought it might be a good place to start. Did a little "research" on carp tactics and bait and went out for a week and tried it. So far the lake has produced for me. Nothing very big, all being in the 2-6 pound range using boilies for bait on a hair rig. Have learned how to feed fish pretty well anyways. But the fish so far have been commons with one mirror. Friday being my best day so far with 13 fish in 2 hours fishing before I had to leave. Seems to be a lot of carp in there and no one fishing for them as they go for the catfish and bass. I have seen a few nice sized carp cruising that looked as if they may be in the double digit class appearing to go 30 inches or so. I have caught 4 flatheads during this period all in the 16 inch range and the catfish guys say there are some big ones in there. Anyways, it's a nice park with good facilities. Not a huge pond but plenty of room for the small handful of fisherman that come there. Hope to see another carp angler there some day. Good fishing to you all.....Walt

Welcome. We had chatted by PM. Keep an eye on the calendar as there are some fish-ins coming up in GA and TN. M'ville is not far from me so we'll keep in touch.

Went back out to Kefauver Park again yesterday morning around 9 and finally got my illusive double digit carp. Two in fact , the best was 16 pounds and the other was 10 pounds. Caught another 6 commons in the 2-4 pound range and a catfish ,small one of 14 inches. Beautiful day but the breeze was chilly. Spent 6 hours there and I was the only one fishing. I am growing quit found of that little pond seeing as I was alone except for a small handful of old folks, like me, walking around the trail. Nice place. And what seems to be an under utilized population of carp. I do get some strange looks when asked what I am fishing for though. Good fishing to you all.