Carp Anglers Group Forums

Need my fishing fix is my YouTube channel, I just started as I always thought I was alone fishing for the queen of the lake. I have been here in Utah fishing for carp for a little bit. But there is a huge stigma that surrounds this beautiful fish. I joined CAG in the hopes of finding more cart fisherman like myself in Utah. I have dedicated a YouTube channel to fishing in Utah for these beautiful fish. People think I'm crazy, but clearly I'm not the only one in the United States fishing 4 something that fights as hard as a saltwater fish. If you live in Utah join my channel send comments help me squash the stigma. I am not doing this to make money off of YouTube as I am not monetized. I just would love to see more carp fisherman out there and I would love to change the rules in Utah regarding pack bait feeder tackle and anything else they consider chumming.

Edited by need my fishing fix YT
add channel

The more of us there are in Utah the better.

Chumming has always sounded a bit harsh to me so I can see why the DWR are reluctant.

If we use words like "Ground baiting" or "Method" fishing and explain they are Carp fishing terms and methods then rules may be relaxed in the future.

If you want any help with talking to the DWR then get in contact with me and we can try it together.

Best regards and see you on the bank soon.

Hmmm. We can't "chum" or put out any kind of bait to attract fish as carp but we can use a spinnerbait or buzzbait using noise to attract bass. We can put a night crawler on a hook to attract fish but can't throw a handful of nightcrawlers in the water which would be construed as "chumming."

What are the laws in Utah for attracting big game as elk, bear, or deer using scents or bait? Look at all the scents on the market the next time you are in a sporting goods store that deals with big game hunting. In Tennessee, you can put out corn or some such to attract deer but has to be removed two weeks before hunting season. Oh yes, forgot- you can use a decoy and calls to attract turkeys. Chumming is an ambiguous term, IMHO.

Edited by (TN) Cannonball