Carp Anglers Group Forums
Sign in to follow this  
(TN) Cannonball

Tennessee Fish-in

Bringing this up to the top. Barry Shildneck remarked yesterday that it is three weeks until the fish-in at Fort Loudon Lake outside of Lenoir City, TN. The fish-in is at Lenoir City Park off US 321 east of town and US Hwy 411. Just before you cross the new bridge, the park sign is on the right. Turn left and go around the marina and the dry storage building. Go to the end of the street. Turn left and you will see the playground and pavilion. We will be fishing the open area there around the flagpole. Had a good turnout last year but I was reminded not to have a fish-in during the middle of summer. Some of us will be fishing Friday. One indicate he would be fishing Thursday also. Yarberry Campground is across the lake and has lakefront sites. We will start at 8 AM and fish until about 5-6 PM. Later if the fishing is good. I will host a cold cut sandwich lunch so I need to get a count of those attending. as of today, I have compiled a list of eleven- Dustin, Barry, Tony, Charlie, Jennifer and Brian, Brad, John and Cheyenne, Kelley A., Buddy. Let me know if you plan on attending and if you will be staying for lunch. Invite any newbies as we will have plenty of tackle we can share. Nothing like a person landing a nice carp for the first time. Tight lines, screaming alarms and zinging drags!

I just heard from the coordinator for the parks department. We are clear to fish and there are no activities scheduled that day.

My post of April 14th included several  names. Please reply if you are coming and staying for lunch so I'll know how many to plan for. Lunch will be cold cuts, the trimmings, chips and cookies. Bring your own drinks and snacks to nibble on between fish. This is a city park so adult beverages aren't permitted. However, there is a Calhoun's BBQ at the marina that serves a full line of adult beverages. Weather looks good for Friday and Saturday. A new carper, Buddy, and I will be up Friday to fish and put out bait- cracked corn and whole corn with some sort of flavor. I will have a shelter and will see if I can rig up something to expand the shade; to be around 80 each day and some showers expected. As we all know, that is subject to change hour by hour.

Will plan on 15 for lunch. I'll make sure we have lots of food. Food is one of the main ingredients of a fish-in. Might have a couple of newbies show up.

Adding: Some possibilities of thundershowers Friday and Saturday but not significant. I'll plan on holding the fish-in. If push comes to shove, we can ride out the brief weather interruptions under the pavilion.

Edited by (TN) Cannonball