Carp Anglers Group Forums
Nanook

Can I see your lake rigs?

I’m new at this and was wanting to see the rigs, as well as how you put the sinkers on, for lake fishing and method fishing. Or is there a link showing the sinker setup?

Thanks. I ordered some method leads, that video helps. 

Since I have my rig book handy here's my go to rigs for 99% of the time.

This is my standard line aligner rig for bottom baits. Link is Korda IQ flouro 15lbs BS with Korda Wide Gape size 6 for an 18mm boilie. 

IMG_20190721_164903937.jpg

Standard semi stiff pop up rig with Korda Dark Matter 25lb BS coated braid, with the last part near the hook stripped back to expose the braid, Korda Kurv size 8 for a 15mm boilie. Usually the pop up is held down by putty or a bb shot placed just on the coated braid next to the stripped section. 

I've been using this a lot with packbait on a short 4" link. I've always found that worked well with the method back home. It's also the rig I caught my 32lb on on using a size 10 and critically balanced plastic/ real corn. 

It's quite a versatile rig that also works with bottom baits as well, even without a line aligner set up although I like to keep the tubing so the hair comes off the back of the hook curve. 😁

IMG_20190721_165119809.jpg

Appreciate the pics! I was thinking braid was all folks use, good to see the flouro being used as well. I bought a hundred or so pre-made rigs so I could get out and fish successfully, but want to tie my own to save money and use my pretty little rig box☺️

Nothing wrong with pre tied. I have to buy pre tied chods as my aging fingers just get annoyed using bristle filament. However tying your own is cheaper and more satisfying, also if they don't work as well you've only got yourself to blame! ,😂

I've used most manufacturers over the years with varying hooks and hooklink materials and those are the basic rigs that have done the job. A lot of the fancy rigs are usually little more than a variant on an old theme and catch more anglers than fish. I don't think I use any more than 5 different rigs.

If I can make a suggestion try watching Terry Hearn "Tunnel vision" on YouTube along with his other videos. Top UK angler and great story teller. A guy who really knows his rigs.