Carp Anglers Group Forums

So....I posted my most unusual catches on carp rigs a couple years ago- a Chinese mystery snail (Jerome I think you had one too) and a gar, but this tops it all!. My first fish of last night was.... A WALLEYE!!!. I knew this lake was stocked with them. I wasn't reeling in- I had 2 yellow fake corn on a hair rig and a 3os gripper lead with a combination of soybean meal, panko, sweet corn and birdseed-tightlined 50 yards out. Hit like a carp, but as I reeled it in close I thought I had a bass, but no-this 2lb walleye!!!!! CRAZY. I travel to Minnesota yearly to catch walleye and pike!- now I have the best of both worlds and have to travel 50 feet!!!!!.....bet the walleye circuit never used this combo to catch walleye!.......my thought (in the clear water) is it saw the corn move and hit it.........they don't eat bottom stuff!!.....I released it as well (they're very good eating!).........

CAG Spring 2019 walleye.JPG

Love me some walleye!

A walleye, now that's a first. Very cool.

So here is your new challenge. One day, I caught a wallet (with a couple of credit cards!). Another day, I caught a bra (I kid you not!). Oh, and yet another day, I reeled in a rowing boat with two pretty athletic girls on top. Money and ladies and fishing, plenty enough to make a man happy... Let's see if you can match that...  😉

52 minutes ago, Jerome said:

So here is your new challenge. One day, I caught a wallet (with a couple of credit cards!). Another day, I caught a bra (I kid you not!). Oh, and yet another day, I reeled in a rowing boat with two pretty athletic girls on top. Money and ladies and fishing, plenty enough to make a man happy... Let's see if you can match that...  😉

This man is a genuine Legend! Are you giving lessons to the less fortunate anglers looking to up their game:)?

9 minutes ago, Nanook said:

Are you giving lessons to the less fortunate anglers looking to up their game:)?

Yeah, well, my Big4 score so far isn't exactly 'legend worthy', LOL.

But yes, I'll be happy to fish with you at some point. Don't hesitate to nag me by PM.

1 minute ago, (TN) Cannonball said:

Jerome, do you count all those as a PB? 😋

I like a big fat wallet... Ladies... This is a family forum, I can't really elaborate, but let's just say this is a bit different..

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 8:22 AM, Jerome said:

Well, I bow once again!.. I can't come close!..........why did you reel in the boat?- were you gonna dump the girls and use it as a carp boat?  :wacko::jumpy: MO

2 hours ago, (MO) MOCarper said:

Well, I bow once again!.. I can't come close!..........why did you reel in the boat?- were you gonna dump the girls and use it as a carp boat?  :wacko::jumpy: MO

The rowing boat snuck on me (they really don't make much noise!) while I was deep in a book, and somehow my line got caught under the boat (and triggered my alarm!), so I had to reel in the whole thing (boat and girls!) to untangle the mess... Powerpro rules, I didn't break my line, nor lost my rig! And I released the slightly flustered girls (and the boat!)...

Must have been a very god book!:D

What are the odds?.......I had a walleye hit my tight-line a couple weeks ago-definitely my most unusual catch carp fishing! Two nights ago, at the end of the session, and on my last rod in I hooked what I thought was a tree branch, (commonly catch those), and simply reel them in- depending where they are hooked, they swing side to side, but no, this one kept going to the left and when I landed it, I was speechless!!!!!

ANOTHER WALLEYE!!!! I'm definitely thinking the walleye circuit now. This one hit a pop-up large, glow in the dark fake corn below a yellow regular sized fake corn!!!.......released them both, but already planning on trolling my panko bait method lead fake corn set up for walleye!!..... I'll send videos!!      :)      MO

IMG_9486.JPG

Here is another VERY unusual catch from yesterday... I was exploring a new lake, found a nice spot, I was doing some plumbing with my regular carp rig (3oz inline lead, size 6 hook), I didn't have anything on the hook, I reeled in and I felt a fish... HUH? Turned out to be a small pickerel! It probably went after the lead and somehow found the hook! Now that is a first for me!

IMG_2745.jpg