Carp Anglers Group Forums

Managed 4 decent carp today. I have no idea how to post the pictures-file size is too big so......   no pics.

Tight lines all.

IMG_20190525_1032428.jpg

4 hours ago, wantabigone said:

Managed 4 decent carp today. I have no idea how to post the pictures-file size is too big so......   no pics.

Tight lines all.

IMG_20190525_1032428.jpg

Its fairly easy. Open the picture in Microsoft office 2010. Go to Edit, go to compress picture, select compress for documents. (It'll usually compress to 50% size). Save. then under your post choose file and select the picture. this one came through- NICE fish!.......  MO

Here they are.

Also went today and broke off on one fish and caught another (no pic for that one-about the size of smaller fish below.

IMG_20190525_1032428.jpg

IMG_20190525_1014374-4.jpg

IMG_20190525_1024546.jpg

IMG_20190525_0922587.jpg

Congratulations! You’ve got me beat here in Saint Louis! 

Congratulations! You’ve got me beat here in Saint Louis! 

You are waaay ahead of me! Going tomorrow so I might beat you. 😊 What are you using for bait, if it's not a secret? Keep us posted of future captures.

May I suggest you get some sort of mat to keep the fish off the ground? Yoga mats can be cheap (like me) and found at the big box stores as Wally World or the exercise area of sporting goods stores. I go through the exercise area to keep in shape. Round is a shape!

Nice when it all comes together, eh?  Keep ridin' that hot stick wantabigone and thank you for posting.

3 hours ago, (TN) Cannonball said:

...go through the exercise area to keep in shape. Round is a shape!

I love exercise -- I could sit & watch it for hours

Edited by philaroman

Hey Cannonball.... No secret, Just corn on a hair rig. What made the difference for me was using a floating rig. Last year I was stubborn and just let the bait sit on the ground. Floating made all the difference IMO. Both days I had a few groups around me and I was the only one catching. I was also the only one using a "pop up".  

Here is a question for all you seasoned carpers..... it may sound like an odd question .... why do you use those long rods? Is it so you can use light line as rainbow fisherman use noodle rods on the rivers? I am just using a standard heavy action 7 foot rod with no issues. Maybe a big girl would be an issue?

Making longer casts to cover more water necessitates the use of a longer rod, especially when casting heavy leads or method feeders.  Now, take those situations away and a smaller rod would be more desirable, particularly on smaller waters surrounded by bushes and trees to hinder casting. 

That's my take, but fishing is all about the enjoyment, so if I have a stick I really like, regardless if it's not specifically built for the task, I use it.         

3 hours ago, Mike Pike said:

Making longer casts to cover more water necessitates the use of a longer rod, especially when casting heavy leads or method feeders.  Now, take those situations away and a smaller rod would be more desirable, particularly on smaller waters surrounded by bushes and trees to hinder casting. 

That's my take, but fishing is all about the enjoyment, so if I have a stick I really like, regardless if it's not specifically built for the task, I use it.         

Thanks Mike.