Carp Anglers Group Forums

So.........I have a spot on the lake that consistently produces for me regardless of the weather, except when its frozen. I do see less surface activity right after heavy rain, and fewer catches when the clear lake becomes chocolate, but, at least to me they seem less affected by weather than crappie or bass.........thoughts all? Caught these two last night ( and lost a third at the shore-snapped thew line) after extreme rains the previous 2 days which turned it into chocolate.....(ok maybe latte :rolleyes:).....maybe a post-spawn female on the larger one?........  MO

CAG Big Four Spring 2019 21lbs May 26 2019.JPGCAG 16lb 5 oz May 26 2019.JPG

bass & crappie are sight/motion-oriented predators w/ poor sense of taste/smell: can't see -- can't eat (as well)...  anything w/ barbels can feed blind

one reason chocolate bite can be slower, is that all the stirred-up natural goodies are competing w/ your bait...  try closer to the bank (margins), feeder stream inlets, etc...  worms & other natural meat can work well, when they're not immediately attacked by dink bass & panfish

Thanks!......I'm familiar with the sight vs scent, but was always told the barometric pressures affect all fish, but I wonder if it really does affect the carp, or catfish?????

simply rising/falling pressure seems to effect some species (carp & cats, less so)

not enough for me to pay attention, or even own a barometer

really sharp drastic changes in pressure (the kind you feel in your own sinuses/ears) seem to shut down EVERYTHING

...but not long enough to pack up, unless you were leaving soon, anyway