Carp Anglers Group Forums

Looking forward to trying out my new Shimano 8000 D reel this weekend. Place had the 8000 as same price as 6000 so I figured..... what the heck, why not?

Happy Father's day to me!

Edited by wantabigone

'Course with that new reel, you're gonna need a new rod, eh.  lol   When's your birthday?  

Good luck breaking the skunk off a new reel  is usually the hardest thing to do at first

Hooked up with 12 fish, landed 8. Largest was 28 pounds. What a fantastic day! The reel has been christened! 

14 minutes ago, wantabigone said:

Hooked up with 12 fish, landed 8. Largest was 28 pounds. What a fantastic day! The reel has been christened! 

Awesome congratulations on a great session has been a while since I had one like that

That’s a great day! I almost bought that reel, but ordered everything from BCT and they had the Daiwa Windcast 5000’s for $140ish and got two of them. Haven’t tested them yet much as I’m slow to find a good hole in my area.

33 minutes ago, Nanook said:

That’s a great day! I almost bought that reel, but ordered everything from BCT and they had the Daiwa Windcast 5000’s for $140ish and got two of them. Haven’t tested them yet much as I’m slow to find a good hole in my area.

You can’t go wrong with windcast they are awesome I love them I’ve owned many reels bait runners and quick drag and they are one of my favorites apart from the daiwa tournament iso’s Which are a dream but I do fish with the windcast every time I can 

Congratulations on another great day, wantabigone!  And 28lbs beats my PB so I gotta say, I'm just a tad envious.  

Thanks Mike. Sunday I hooked and landed 9. 2 of which were 23 and 24.  The rest were around 4-18. Another great day. I think I am getting addicted to this type of fishing!

With that kind of action, you won't need a gym membership!  Great to hear your success stories.  

I went out yesterday too with quite underwhelming results.  Spent the afternoon and evening out in that wind with only a few "bleeps" on the bite alarm to keep me mildly excited.   

Hey Mike. Things really slowed down with the wind. Once it kicked up I did not get a fish for 2 hours. Then 2 quick ones and i packed up.