Carp Anglers Group Forums
wantabigone

Bite alarm questions

I have seen the light and see the benefit of having a bite alarm. I have been looking around on the 'net for bite alarms and there is a huge variety out there. I was hoping I could get some feedback from those that have used the good the bad and the ugly.

I have 2 ideas for getting a bite alarm.

1) get a rod mounted alarm (no need for a rod pod). Are there good units out there? Do any have good battery life?

2) non rod mounted bite alarm wish list

-LED for night fishing

-long battery life

-remote so that I can walk to my car and get a signal letting me know to run back to my rod!

Any feedback would be appreciated.

3 hours ago, wantabigone said:

I have seen the light and see the benefit of having a bite alarm. I have been looking around on the 'net for bite alarms and there is a huge variety out there. I was hoping I could get some feedback from those that have used the good the bad and the ugly.

1) get a rod mounted alarm (no need for a rod pod). Are there good units out there? Do any have good battery life?

-LED for night fishing

-long battery life

-remote so that I can walk to my car and get a signal letting me know to run back to my rod!

Can’t go wrong with delkims,  mind are 10yrs old and never missed a beat.  Just don’t cheap out, it’s not worth it.

SAIL has expanded their carp section again this year with a number of added goodies. Lots of hook and rig accessories, good selection of corn, pellets and tiger nuts and they carry several bank sticks. They also have a basic Carp Zoom bite alarm for around $25 and a number of swing arms to get you going

Was skunked totally Saturday and Sunday. First "get out" of the year and bad luck was everywhere. One secluded shoreline spot was completely underwater with no way to fish. Another area was overrun with dead heads blown in and then spot 3 had nesting cormorants in the trees above and bird **** was raining down everywhere.

Water levels were so high and very dirty in the other spring spots I was checking. Last holdout spot I checked was overrun with hikers and no parking. 

Thanks Clay

Thanks also Fang. I will check out SAIL. The winds have really dirtied up the water. No amount of fish are worth a shower of cormorant ****!

On 6/3/2019 at 6:07 AM, wantabigone said:

-LED for night fishing

-long battery life

I have graduated from a subtle bite technique of slack-line corn in creeks on Walmart bank sticks and simply watched the poles (and did very well in creeks and some lakes even), to two pods and three brands of bite alarms, all with NGT chain swing arms and clear bobbins with isolites. I have Nash siren SF bite alarms- they are light weight, beep and light when runs occur and you can control volume; I have a new pair of Fox micron M+ alarms that beep and volume controlled, and I have QDos remote alarms, the latter of which I use the least as I am never too far from my poles regardless. They are heavier  and its one more piece i have to remember, but they also have the advantage of having different colored lights when runs occur so you know which pole has a run, especially if you have spaced bank sticks ( I now have aluminum alloy bank sticks fitted with alarms :). It's definitely individual preference; I don't have Delkims, and I am pretty simple carp fishing- don't like all the fancy technology as much as you youngins :), and I still go to creeks with super ultralight rods and corn................scout and find the fish and you will catch-em!- still learning that one :)      MO

IMG_8648.JPG

When one of my Fox alarms cacked, I went with the Carp Zoom.  So far so good.