Carp Anglers Group Forums
Sign in to follow this  
(CT) Lee

a few fish from this season

while im on here i thought i would just share a few carpy pictures from my season so far including a few boat shots of when i lost what can only be called a "hippopotachunk !"

anyway, its gona be picture heavy so go put the kettle on, make yourself a nice cup-o-tea , sit back and enjoy the fun and frolics of "lee the mad Brit goes carping"

and at the end a few tutorials ive done this year for people who have never caught a carp, one guy had his first carp with me and it just happened to be a 30lb fish, another guys first fish was a near fully scaled mirror !

ILQB4581.JPG

EFGC2315.JPG

HMYB8682.JPG

IMG_1763.JPG

IMG_1828.JPG

IMG_1832.JPG

IMG_1964.JPG

IMG_2785.JPG

IMG_1928.JPG

IMG_2074.JPG

IMG_2869.JPG

IMG_3261.JPG

IMG_3301.JPG

IMG_3320.JPG

IMG_3331.JPG

IMG_3338.JPG

IMG_3339.JPG

IMG_3403.JPG

IMG_E3451.JPG

SWWT2084.JPG

WKRQ6394.JPG

IMG_1847.JPG

IMG_1846.JPG

IMG_2809.JPG

IMG_2810.JPG

IMG_3306.JPG

Edited by (CT) Lee

Lee,

Very impressive pictures, and I am impressed!  You had a good summer.  I've never seen a carp with fins as in the second picture down.  Would that be a cross with a koi?

You got a grimace out of me with  your "self-hooked" picture.  What's the story on that one?  (Nice looking hair by the way.)

Ken  <:///><

The Self Hooking makes me grimace. Had that happen but it was in my middle finger. 

Did you pop it through, and debarb? OUCH. 😨

Nice Fish. 

Did you do any fishing out of the boat? Or was it all shore based? 

13 hours ago, Ken said:

Lee,

Very impressive pictures, and I am impressed!  You had a good summer.  I've never seen a carp with fins as in the second picture down.  Would that be a cross with a koi?

You got a grimace out of me with  your "self-hooked" picture.  What's the story on that one?  (Nice looking hair by the way.)

Ken  <:///><

your absolutely spot on ken! its mummy or daddy was indeed a koi.

the hook in the hand was the outcome of a 5oz lead caught in a weed bed close in , me pulling extra hard , and the thing whizzing towards my face as it came out of said weed bed like an Exocet missile ! and to top it off i was by myself and had to drive home with it still in my hand.

11 hours ago, Sorter said:

The Self Hooking makes me grimace. Had that happen but it was in my middle finger. 

Did you pop it through, and debarb? OUCH. 😨

Nice Fish. 

Did you do any fishing out of the boat? Or was it all shore based? 

yup sorter i pushed it through and chopped off the barb , im a butcher by trade so although it hurt i sort of new what i was doing.

no, all the fish came from the bank , the boat was to try and get a massive fish un snagged from the fallen tree it had dragged me into.

Nice photos and outstanding fish. The first photo has the sun's rays on the left. Thinking there might be something theological there. A blessing from on High? Thanks for sharing.

5 minutes ago, (TN) Cannonball said:

Nice photos and outstanding fish. The first photo has the sun's rays on the left. Thinking there might be something theological there. A blessing from on High? Thanks for sharing.

funny you should say that cannonball, a couple of weeks before that picture was taken the camera guys dad died, when he saw the picture after he said he thinks its his old man looking over us....really cool i thought.