Carp Anglers Group Forums

So.....the start of my CAG Fall 2019 started with a blip....fished a local lake where I had caught fish up to 26lbs, but alas, lost one in a snag with the rig- carp 1, MO 0, then hooked a solid 8-10lbr and it ran along the shore into a snag and was gone, carp 2, MO 0, then hooked a little guy, brought to shore but off at the bank; carp 3, MO 0. Hooked a 4th and final smallie and was off halfway to the shore; carp 4, MO 0.....so............went back to the creeks and caught 6 fish, my first CAG fish at 8lb, 13-8, 8-6, and 12-0, and a little 5-6, but of all things, a bighead carp!-wouldn't have believed it, but hooked like a common- this is a small creek but it eventually runs to the Missouri. This was the only hit on a panko, dried bloodworm pack bait, and it beat the daylights out of me and escaped!..........so, my four didn't even cross 45lbs!!!.......oh well, just getting started.... :)    MO

CAG Big Four Fall 2019 8lb.JPGCAG Big Four Fall 2019 13lb 8oz.JPGCAG Big Four Fall 2019 8lb 7oz.JPGCAG Big Four Fall 2019 12lb.JPGCAG fall big four 5lb 6oz.JPGCAG fall big four bighead carp.JPGCAG fall big four bighead carp mouth.JPG

On 10/8/2019 at 8:48 AM, (MO) MOCarper said:

So.....the start of my CAG Fall 2019 started with a blip....fished a local lake where I had caught fish up to 26lbs, but alas, lost one in a snag with the rig- carp 1, MO 0, then hooked a solid 8-10lbr and it ran along the shore into a snag and was gone, carp 2, MO 0, then hooked a little guy, brought to shore but off at the bank; carp 3, MO 0. Hooked a 4th and final smallie and was off halfway to the shore; carp 4, MO 0.....so............went back to the creeks and caught 6 fish, my first CAG fish at 8lb, 13-8, 8-6, and 12-0, and a little 5-6, but of all things, a bighead carp!-wouldn't have believed it, but hooked like a common- this is a small creek but it eventually runs to the Missouri. This was the only hit on a panko, dried bloodworm pack bait, and it beat the daylights out of me and escaped!..........so, my four didn't even cross 45lbs!!!.......oh well, just getting started.... :)    MO

CAG Big Four Fall 2019 8lb.JPGCAG Big Four Fall 2019 13lb 8oz.JPGCAG Big Four Fall 2019 8lb 7oz.JPGCAG Big Four Fall 2019 12lb.JPGCAG fall big four 5lb 6oz.JPGCAG fall big four bighead carp.JPGCAG fall big four bighead carp mouth.JPG

Those Asians look like their heads are upside down.