Carp Anglers Group Forums

Royal Carp

Keith

I have had the ones from Austin in a bucket (with a lid) since Austin (end of March) and they still are fine.

Guest MarkTheShark

Keith, I am seriously impressed by the royal carp boilies!

I havn't even fished with them yet, but I opened the bags and they smell beautiful!

The scopex smells slightly cinnamon? or is it me?

Through experience keith, what type of chum/method mix do you recommend fishing these royal scopex over? I was thinking along the lines of a sweet hemp based mix, what do you think?

Also any ideas with the Royal Fish boilies?

I know this should have gone in the bait section of this forum, but this question is really for you, since you are the Captain :D

PM if you want :D :D

I'm looking for an edge on my competition for this Saturday, up in Wakefield :D :D

Mark

Mark -

I agree wholeheartedly, the Scopex do indeed have a cinnamon scent mixed in. I asked Alex about it and was told it had something to do with enhancing the fishmeal content. They do work well as I can attest by using them at the ATC. I really think they should be called "Cinnaplex" Cinnamon + Scopex.

I'm sure you will be pleased with their effectiveness.

i really love the corn micros. they are a little brittle but i have had great luck on them. i reccomend them to anyone especially if you are chumming with any ammount of canned corn (oddball)

Keith, I am seriously impressed by the royal carp boilies!

I havn't even fished with them yet, but I opened the bags and they smell beautiful!

The scopex smells slightly cinnamon? or is it me?

Through experience keith, what type of chum/method mix do you recommend fishing these royal scopex over? I was thinking along the lines of a sweet hemp based mix, what do you think?

Also any ideas with the Royal Fish boilies?

I know this should have gone in the bait section of this forum, but this question is really for you, since you are the Captain :D

PM if you want :D :D

I'm looking for an edge on my competition  for this Saturday, up in Wakefield :D :D

Mark

When I spoke with Alex and Jaap (the owner or the company that actually makes the bait) about the 'different' Scopex flavour Jaap was emphatic about the fact he has at least 40 different varieties of Scopex on the flavour shelves in the factory (he said they have literally thousands of flavours overall). Main reason for the difference though is as Brian says because of the ingrdients used that enhance the fishmeal side of the bait.

Guys

I agree that the Scopex boilies do not smell like Rods Scopex, but I did have the mis fortune of spilling the Royal baits Scopex bait dip (which smells the same as the boilies) all down my arm a month or so ago (baiting needle propped up in the dip pot!!)

Anyway within a couple of mins my t-shirt arm was soaked in it, after 20 mins or so it was smelling just the same as Rods Scopex.

I did an experiment when fishing with Chris, where I poured a small amount of it on a rag and left it for a while, Chris confirmed that it did indeed smell like the original.

Try it you may be surprised.

I know the boilies definately work. :D:D

Karl :D

Karl - thanks for the reminder that the Scopex dip does actually smell like the original Scopex from Rod - had forgotten that.

They may be coming in the next shipment (due in the next couple of months) I will have to confirm with Alex.

geez Karl that explains it all :D You and chris have been huffing scopex dip. That is some very dangerous stuff known to cause all kinds of sociological forum maladies. I reccomend a quick detox program 1/2 ounce of Klinik on clean rag or arm if you prefer inhale deeply three or four times till ya cant stand the smell anymore and you will be cured :D