Carp Anglers Group Forums

ACS Thread

Guest len perdic

Guest len perdic

Did not know where to post this...

I would like to know personally why my post was removed from the ACS thread that is locked now. I thought that my post was honest and not offensive, it was just my opinion. The reason that I would like to have an explanation from the moderators about this is that I would not like to make the same mistake twice.

I do not feel that I post offensive posts and I obey the rules, but if this becomes political then this will be my last post!!!

Regards,

Len.

Hi Len, I'll agree with you, it made for a very strange read this morning....

I guess that folks got into it last night ..

Trust you'll be at the St L in just over a week, we need to discuss Rice lake for next year.... :D btw is it worthwhile dropping by his time of year or is the weed real bad ??

Len,

I made the judgement call on this one, and wasn't deleting your post because of your words. I removed all instances toward the remarks that were made overnight to and from the other posts. Warnings have/will be issued to those that caused the ruckus last night. Don't worry......you did nothing wrong.

What happened to the thread - it appears to have been removed completely!!!!!!!!

REEER hisss - Quit being a bunch of sissys do business with who you want- let others do business with who they want- its GOOD to have choices when buying goods/services JUST talk carp-

Use your mothers rule if you cant say something Nice don't say it-

we all can be guilty of verbal/indiscretions- just opinion- everyones got one!

ACS looks like a positive addition-I don't understand why people get heated up over some peoples twist on things.

EVERYONE PLAY NICE

MoCarp

Guest phonebush

Mocarp,

We've used the honor system before. That's why tourny fish have to be weighed now.

Play nice???? I got a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you.

Phone

As one of the guys who got into it last night, I must add that I failed to actually comment on the actual thread topic, which was I think the ACS website.

I looked at the whole site a couple of days ago, and was impressed, it is a well laid out, easy to navigate site.

The three amigos have done a good job. :D

Back to last night.

I realise now with hindsight that the post I made directed at a CAG member should not have been made on the forum, it was a bad day for me yesterday................

I had the horrible misfortune of seeing a young woman die right in front of me, after being ejected through the front windscreen of the car she was driving, her car was struck by a stolen vehicle that was blowing through a red light at approximately 75 mph in the middle of a city.

I was the first guy on the scene, and didn't even realise that the lady had been ejected, I was too busy getting as many people out of wrecked cars before they blew up. I actually spoke with her about 5 mins before she passed away. She was a mother of three youngsters.

The ###### driving the stolen vehicle was on parole for car thefts, he only sustained a broken leg and some cuts to the head. I hope this ###### rots in jail! I just wish I had known that he was driving a stolen car when I first got to the scene.

I again apologise to the group for my post to one guy, I should have made my comments to him in a PM, (which I have since done!) I'd had a really $hitty day!!!!

Days like yesterday make you realise that there is a whole more to life than ******** carp fishing forums!

Karl :D

Karl we all have bad days and yours was definately a bad day , but if there can be a silver lining to the tragedy you witnessed it was that you, Karl, did the right thing and helped people(strangers)when they needed it most . For that there is always a reward, either today , perhaps tomorrow but for sure in the end .......... Mark

Guest len perdic

Shawn, thanks for the pm and explanation much appreciated!!!

Phil,

Sorry, can not make St. L jr tourney due to prior commitments, and as for Rice Lake it is well worth while to drop by if possible at GBR...not much weed around their place and good fishing, was out there a week ago and got 16 up to 39.2 and a small mirror about 10lbs.

Regards,

Len.

Aye Karma fluff aside, best wishes to you Karl. I know how that sort of stuff can shake you up - more so because someone died. I've never seen it and I probably wouldn't forget it.....you are right, there is more to life than this carp forum.....

Warm thoughts on cool breezes to you mate..

Ricky

Karl

i belive if you could had help that lady even more you would have done it

i'm with Mark on this one, you did the right thing

i know that is dificult sometimes after this situations, but cheer up mate

lots of better days in front of you

best way to look at it mate is sh*t happens

Raymie

Yeah that has ALWAYS been my attitude, I have seen peolpe killed before and have gotten over it pretty quickly. (Northern Ireland, South Africa to name a couple of places)

This one was just different somehow, maybe I am just getting a bit softer in my old age!!

This has really 'effed' me up though, I just cannot get the whole scene out of my head.

I know it will fade with time, but at the moment it is still a vivid picture in my mind!

Karl :D

Karl,

Replace that image in your head with this picture...I know I know...it won't work.

image019.jpg

I have had a REAL hard think about this weekend and I really can't slink off work. I'll call you about it tonight. I've let the other 7 people who were going to fish know too...

RickyB

Karl - call me over the weekend - PM for home number