Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

The Carpinator

Rigs galore!

Is that silicon just behind the eye?

yes :)

I've found the multi rig with a kurv pattern to be the most effective an devistating rig I've ever seen. I recently had a 44 fish haul inside 24 hours and every single twich was hooked and landed. They simply could not eject this rig! I love the way that as soon as the point of the hook tenses the hook link the loop sinches up to the eye completely exposing the hook!

post-3550-1719578_thumb.jpg

I've found the multi rig with a kurv pattern to be the most effective an devistating rig I've ever seen. I recently had a 44 fish haul inside 24 hours and every single twich was hooked and landed. They simply could not eject this rig! I love the way that as soon as the point of the hook tenses the hook link the loop sinches up to the eye completely exposing the hook!

what hook are you using size ect??

In this picture it was a fox arma point ssc size 4, 20# n trap soft, large Korda rig ring. I also very much like the korda kaptor kurvs.

Thanks for the info

Guest BCLT

In this picture it was a fox arma point ssc size 4, 20# n trap soft, large Korda rig ring. I also very much like the korda kaptor kurvs.

ssc all the way - I use sizes 4 and 6 and primarily on a KD rig..... I modify it slightly and it never fails - most result in a single beep then run! ill have to try the kaptors........as for the KD I personally find that shotting the line between the hook and bait helps the hook point sink faster in the mouth......just my opinion, not saying im right but it works for me...........even more so..... but lately I havent even been fishing euro so who knows what my point is lol

I've found the multi rig with a kurv pattern to be the most effective an devistating rig I've ever seen. I recently had a 44 fish haul inside 24hours and every single twich was hooked and landed. They simply could not eject this rig! I love the way that as soon as the point of the hook tenses the hook link the loop sinches up to the eye completely exposing the hook!

o

Do you feel that this rig is best suited for pop-ups or could it be used for bottom bait presentation, maize, chunk of range cube etc.

Would the small shot before the hook be neccesary in a bottom bait situation? Thanks for the rig picture

Do you feel that this rig is best suited for pop-ups or could it be used for bottom bait presentation, maize, chunk of range cube etc.

Would the small shot before the hook be neccesary in a bottom bait situation? Thanks for the rig picture

I've mainly been fishing it purely as a pop up rig, BUT, the biggest difference between a bottom, pop up, or critically balanced rig is hook position. Being that the rig is adjustable it suits itself well to many different baits. But I haven't tried anything else.

Had an idea, don't know if it is already used or disproven, but here is kind of the set up:

post-7273-0-25933600-1349056964.jpg

But, using a feeder type style lead, and a blow-back rig. Adjust the hooklength to a little longer than the weight. Easier to put the hook into the pack bait and let your hair rig hang out a little.

I'm thinking it might could. My only concerns would be when the fish took your hair rig, they would have to move quite a bit before the lead could dig the hook in. Maybe just use a back-weight with it?

Thumbs up, or thumbs down?

Had an idea, don't know if it is already used or disproven, but here is kind of the set up:

But, using a feeder type style lead, and a blow-back rig. Adjust the hooklength to a little longer than the weight. Easier to put the hook into the pack bait and let your hair rig hang out a little.

I'm thinking it might could. My only concerns would be when the fish took your hair rig, they would have to move quite a bit before the lead could dig the hook in. Maybe just use a back-weight with it?

Yes it does work and makes for a more efficient casting set up. In my experience using a shorter hook length (max 4-6") than the one shown will improve the bite detection and hook-ups.

Basically a helicopter rig, no?

Like the idea of moulding the pack/method around the weight down near the hookbait.

If you're going to be using boilies like in that picture, then you may want to put a pva stringer of the same boilies when you cast. If one particular fish picks up your freebies before picking up your hookbait, it's almost guaranteed you'll get a hook up because their guard will be down as result of sampling your freebies.

I keep it really simple and have success. I use a 24inch clear seagur leader attached to the mainline with a uni knot and a split shot clamping a small leaf to camo the split shot. I tie a size 4 or 6 circle hook with a 2inch long hair with my home made dough ball. I only fish the margins with this set up but if you chum regularly you should have no problems catching.

On 8/23/2004 at 2:10 PM, Milano Paul said:

My rig from yesterday (which I use for most of my carp fishing)...

The hooklink is about 8" long * 15lb Kryston snake-bite, with the last couple of inches of coating peeled off. I normally use size 6 Nash FangX hooks, but this one is a size 6 Tiemco hook - balances a 20mm boilie quite well (this one is Dynamite Baits "Source"). The hook knot is a no-knot knot covered with a short length of 1mm silicon tubing. The swivel-hooklink knot is a palomar, with a 5 turn grinner attaching it to the 15lb Suffix Synergy mainline. The lead is a 3oz Korda, attached to a length of 1mm anti-tangle tubing that's slightly longer than the hooklink. The lead clip is made by Korda. If I'm not fishing too far out I sometimes tie on a 4 or 5 bait pva stringer - using pva tape, rather than string. If I'd been using pop-ups I'd have placed the counter balancing shot at the end of the coated section of hooklink.

post-12-1093284649_thumb.jpg

I like it 

My go-to rig.  Size 6 or 8 Fox Wide Gape X hook tied on a short section of coated hooklink with a short piece of heat shrink tubing.

DSC_3016.JPG