Carp Anglers Group Forums

Wacker Alarms

kingfisher

I have been using the Wacker Baits alarms for almost two seasons now, and until this weekend have never really used them in the rain. Well, this weekend they spent about 12 straight hours in the rain including some real heavy down pours. I am happy to report that they worked just fine. I had numerous runs during the storm, and they chirped every time! :D A very good product at a nice price.

Lowell

Seems fine Paul's probably passed out, trying to count the non sarcastic Phil post count... :D

Got to keep those traders on their toes, and now even better value with the CAG card.. :D

:D

I'm going to move this to the commercial section. If nothing else, it will preserve the right to move other similar posts in the future.

Glad to hear the Wacker Alarms are working well. Which ones do you have?

Seems fine      Paul's probably passed out, trying to count the non sarcastic Phil post count... :D 

Got to keep those traders on their toes,    and now even better value with the CAG  card..  :D

:D

I just could never figure why Phil posts those sarcastic remarks concerning Pesky Paul. After bivvying next to Phil for two days, he divulged why he does it. And I agree with Phil!

I too am pleased with my purchase of Wacker alarms. I havent put them to the long term test that Lowell has, but they perform the task.

I have gotten used to what a single beep is on my Fox alarms, are a lot more attention gathering on the Wackers.

al

Just as good and cheaper are the basic BALZER alarms from PS Fishing.

$25 gets you watertight alarm + telescopic bank stick + 9V battery + Spare cover + Case.

At that price you don't mind stepping on one every once in a while.

-Marius

Lester,

You are absoloutely right the BALZER alarms will NOT fit standrd Threads,,,that is why they come with a bank stick......

They're good alarms but will NOT fit the pods,,,you do have to get the bank stick from BALZER to accomodate them !

Gentlemen -- you are all correct. I just noticed the thread issue. Is it metric/us? What's the standard thread here and in Europe? If I take them to Europe will I be able to screw them onto Euro (outside UK) banksticks or will I be so to speak....screwed...?

Thanks for the info.

-Marius

Marius:

It looks like the P&S alarm lacks the sensivity adjustment that the Wacker unit has.

Hmmmm.

Fran

If you don't need the sensitivity then the are the Royal Carp Striker LSi's which are just as good. Currently sold out as they are such a bargain but more on the way.

The threads on UK alarms are 3/8-20 B.S.W. I don't know the threads used on the other one Mickey and Jim

Guest grilw

I like it too , because I'm currently shopping for an alarm !!! And for some reason I do not want to settle for the Fox Micron M . It seems that the Wacker alarm has so much more adjustability , cheaper , and works just as well (according to you guys) .....