Carp Anglers Group Forums

Boilie Shop News 09/17/2005

BillD

We have just added a new Fishmeal Base Mix to our product line. A couple of you are familiar with this mix already :D and have reported some very good results for 2005 and we're now comfortable offering it to our customers.

We've included it as a Base Mix for sale in bulk but we've also added it to the Boilie options along with our regular mixes. You can check it out HERE on the Boilie Shop site........ All the best....... Bill D.

Great.

So Im guessing this will add protien correct??? And oil as well?

I've read heavier protien base mixes in colder months so do you recommend adding this product primarily to base mixes in say fall thru early spring ???

Great.

So Im guessing this will add protien correct??? And oil as well?

I've read heavier protien base mixes in colder months so do you recommend adding this product primarily to base mixes in say fall thru early spring ???

Rob,

Well...... First I have to say that this product is not something that you would add to a base mix, this IS the base mix.

Secondly, a fish meal mix does contain extra oil which is why you typically would use it in the warmer months because colder temperatures aren't as conducive to the dispersion of oil in water. You would up the protein slightly in the colder months. The most important point here is the balance of protein, carbohydrates, fat, fiber and vitamins.

Having said that, we are very comfortable with the catch rates of the Fish Meal Mix in the colder months. This mix had some outstanding results in the UK and Holland during the early part of the year (cold as a witches t*t over there in January mate!!!). In fact some of the catches reported in the U.K. press came on this mix but you wouldn't know it by the reports :D We daren't tell the Carp Society that we were putting Yankee baits in their waters :D:D

Anyway, whatever..... Try the Fish Meal mix, it's a good 'un :D:D

All the best...... Bill D.