Carp Anglers Group Forums

Coming Soon - An All New Bait

Paul Pezalla

Not bread and not either the mush or the plastic wads that Berkley came uo with a couple of years ago.

We will have to get it into the hands of a competent paylaker. I know the stuff catches very well in wildwaters, we shall see about paylakes.

Waker Bait & Tackle is not the manufacture of the new bait. We did play a small role in its developement and we will, of course, be distributing it but another company gets the credit for this inovation.

i asked ed rogers from foodsource to start making carp baits like 7 months ago. something like that would be neat.

""Louis,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Your organization sounds like

a much needed one. As you probably know, there're a lot of problems

involved with using soft plastic lures.

We appreciate the tips about carp fishing. We are watching this market and

we plan to adapt our catfish plugs as an alternative to boilies for carp.""

foodsource products...

*obsession ?

nice one paul!

Guest phonebush

Paul,

No dig at all or any of our great paylake guys. I would suggest Shears. He is not in the commercial bait business (as best I know) and he must have 42,000,703 different baits for carp.

Phone

Paul,

No dig at all or any of our  great paylake guys.  I would suggest Shears.  He is not in the commercial bait business (as best I know) and he must have 42,000,703 different baits for carp.

Phone

LOL :D

Yup--Shears is a good un. Prolly one of the best.

Problem with paylakers is-----if something works well--they'll never tell. Or--they'll tell you that it didn't catch chit--and then order a case of the stuff under a different name. :D:D:D

t.

Nice going, Louis, you hit the nail on the head and ended the suspense. The list on the web site is very incomplete, they are making "Carp Candies" in seven colors and ten flavors (anise, blood, chocolate, scopex, strawberry, garlic/triple salts, sugar, bait fish, crawfish and the incomparable Obsession ™ for Carp).

Available soon from....

Nice going, Louis, you hit the nail on the head and ended the suspense.  The list on the web site is very incomplete, they are making "Carp Candies" in seven colors and ten flavors (anise, blood, chocolate, scopex, strawberry, garlic/triple salts, sugar, bait fish, crawfish and the incomparable Obsession for Carp).

Available soon from....

Now that the Kats outta the bag---

I'll give Paul a "paylake" plug on this deal. I've worked a project real close to this for over a year. ----and ya know how paylakers work. :D

I don't think that we're talking any revolutionary bait here as far as paylakes go----but smart paylakers may wanna look at this stuff as an alternative to pops. :D

Nuff said. :D:D:D:D

Guest len perdic

Hi Paul,

Is this product that we had a conversation about with FS and a certain gentleman (outdoorsman)from Saskatchewan?

Let me know when you finally get it in and I'll order some to try, and if you had anything to do with it I'll double my order.

Len.

Len, yes, it was the guy from western Canada (I really admire people who can spell Saskatchewan, I have to cut'n'paste to get it right).

Phone, just exactly what advice was that? I want to give credit where it is due and I guess there is a small (very, very small) chance that you did say something worh heeding.

It will be interesting to see just if the bait can out produce boilies--as THE bait in the UK and all the time -money-and -research that goes into UK bait market--

Unless some bait guys tank up a few carp for 2-3 years--and get 100 wild carpers field testing bait--head to head with proven baits...better yet win at competative events

I would be surprised if the "new" bait worked any better than a boilie carring the same attractants--which in the end is what a boilie is--if it works great it will be bought in paylakes and in the UK--if not it will be on wally worlds discount bins for 25-cents at the end of the season

Paul,

No dig at all or any of our  great paylake guys.  I would suggest Shears.  He is not in the commercial bait business (as best I know) and he must have 42,000,703 different baits for carp.

Phone

Phone if this Bait did get sent to a Pay-Laker like Shears or Any Other good Competition Fisherman that follows this site and it caught every fish in a Pay-lake do you honestly think they'd tell you how good it is? LMAO I guarantee you that if it's a money winning bait it will be kept confidential for as long as possible.

mreim1

Nice going, Louis, you hit the nail on the head and ended the suspense.  The list on the web site is very incomplete, they are making "Carp Candies" in seven colors and ten flavors (anise, blood, chocolate, scopex, strawberry, garlic/triple salts, sugar, bait fish, crawfish and the incomparable Obsession for Carp).

Available soon from....

i cant wait to try them. i love the foodsource lures. for all of you multi species guys, give them a try! other soft plastics are filled with poison anyway...

It will be interesting to see just if the bait can out produce boilies--as THE bait in the UK and all the time -money-and -research that goes into UK bait market--

Unless some bait guys tank up a few carp for 2-3 years--and get 100 wild carpers field testing bait--head to head with proven baits...better yet win at competative events

I would be surprised if the "new" bait worked any better than a boilie carring the same attractants--which in the end is what a boilie is--if it works great it will be bought in paylakes and in the UK--if not it will be on wally worlds discount bins for 25-cents at the end of the season

i'll buy them just to support food source. i'm sure they will catch fish. the soft plastic lures follow the euro tradition of boilie- nutrition concern like in the peanut butter glug thread. you could feed the lures to your pet fish and they would put on weight. other soft plastics will kill afish if they swallow them. and berkely gulp and other bio-degradeable lures are still artificial, like pva. these are actually good for the fish.

again, well done paul! i cant wait to try them.

I placed my first ever order at the " long rod store ". Paul seemed OK. I'm going to see how the paylakers 50% off works out. And I imagine that Paul will include a bit of the new bait in my order. :D

Paul seemed OK.

LOL  thats better than usual  :D  j/k

just looked  at the pictures of the carp candy .  what is the consistancy  ? soft 'rubbery"  or soft/ firm?  .

Mark.

It is a "virtual bait ". The consistancy ( hardness ), depends on the temperature and the number of times you squeeze it. :D:D:D:D Of course, long slow squeezes get a much different consistancy than the short and quick squeezes. Once you get your hands on it I'm sure you'll get the hang of it. :D

Tom.