Carp Anglers Group Forums

Coming Soon - An All New Bait

Paul Pezalla

Paul seemed OK.

LOL  thats better than usual  :D  j/k

just looked  at the pictures of the carp candy .  what is the consistancy  ? soft 'rubbery"  or soft/ firm?  .

I havn't used the Carp Candy but have used some of their other stuff.

It's Soft but firm. :D Use your imagination :D

Stays on the hook nicely. :D

It's Soft but firm.  Use your imagination 

That is accurate. Like a soft bodied aquatic invertebrate would be my preferred analogy.

The FoodSource lures are interesting. As Louis pointed out, soft plastics are rather toxic (phalate esters amogn other things). In a few states, one does not need a fishing license to fish with "bait", only to fish with a "lure." The FoodSource Lures have been officially classified as bait in a couple of states, potentially saving people a few $$ and really changing the meaning of bait.

Mr. Big, you called first thing Monday morning. Certainly you wern't expecting me to be cheerful. Civil is the best I can do.

This is a coincidence :D We've been talking to the guys at Foodsource (mostly Ed Rogers) about stocking some of their products, Carp Candies being one of them. I don't know that we'll bother now that I know Paul is going to stock them. I don't think there's a market for two distributors of this stuff to the carp world right now. Interesting that we both got to the same manufacturer through very different channels. :D:D

MissouCarpee,

Their stuff looks good but at the price of a 20 bait bag I don't see them competing with boilies. Hookbaits only I think, at least that's the way we were looking at them. :D All the best..... Bill D.

This is a coincidence  :D  We've been talking to the guys at Foodsource (mostly Ed Rogers) about stocking some of their products, Carp Candies being one of them. I don't know that we'll bother now that I know Paul is going to stock them. I don't think there's a market for two distributors of this stuff to the carp world right now. Interesting that we both got to the same manufacturer through very different channels.  :D  :D

MissouCarpee,

Their stuff looks good but at the price of a 20 bait bag I don't see them competing with boilies. Hookbaits only I think, at least that's the way we were looking at them.  :D  All the best..... Bill D.

Right ON.

Actually--I tried talking to them 7 months ago. They seem to operate a lot like----me. :D I figure that they'll answer my e-mails in 2007. :D

Actually--I was looking into their stuff for the "saltwater" division, and not as a carp bait.

Their stuff is available--if you happen to fish all over the place. :D Their carp baits may have some value as a wild carp bait--I honestly wouldn't know. They may have a problem with calling it "carp candy"--in the US--but thats another story. As far as paylakes use goes, it does have some serious value as a pickup (with modifications). :D

You just never know till you try it. It's worth a try IMHO.

I'll be using some this winter--for Stripers at HI. :D

Bravo Sierra