Carp Anglers Group Forums

ACS DVD - Carp 101

Jerome

Just spent part of the evening enjoying the DVD... :D

This is undoubtedly a great work of passion and dedication to the sport. I especially enjoyed Dave's very clear explanations on rigs, Wayne's smile and sheer joy of fishing, the use of the fishing tank for demos, the breadth of coverage, and best of all, this nice Town Lake 20+ slowly swimming away at the end! Ah, I fell in love with this super cool carp! :D

Yes, the beginning is a bit shaky (then the boys do get their act together), the story line is sometimes a bit erratic, and an introduction with some fishing and some simpler considerations would have been welcome instead of jumping straight into the Euro stuff, but for a first DVD, this is really a very impressive achievement, and a very enjoyable show.

Seems to me this would make a great Christmas gift, or a great prize for a local event. :D

So check it out at the ACS e-store (click here). You can also find it at Wackerbaits.

Thanks, Wayne, Sean and Dave for a great display of love for the American Carp!

Jerome,

Thanks for the kind words. Yes, we are CARP Fisherman first and foremost not Professional TV stars.. :D I'm glad that you think that comes through on the DVD.

Part II which comes out next year will probably be more basic then part I. Baits, bait preparation, more on tactics. We just felt it was important to show new ideas, tackle and tactics the first go around.

Wayne actually had over 1 1/2 hours for part I but the DVD will only hold so much(It's absolutely full) so he had trim off a bit that will carry over to part II.

Need to recognize especially Wayne's, but also Sean's assistance for their hard work put into these DVD project. It's a painfully slow and long procedure. Then add the fact Wayne writes all the music and is a perfectionist it takes even more time. :D I have the easy part on these projects.. Just show up and try to speak clearly while explaining things!!.. :D