Carp Anglers Group Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kingfisher

I was able to grab an hour after work today to hit a small local lake. Upon arriving I noticed a few feeding carp in the shallows. With my hopes high, I tied on old faithful. After a couple of discriminating snubs form some picky carp, I was able to find a taker. He greedily sucked in the bread fly as it was falling to the bottom. After a nice fight, he tired and I was able to lift him out for a quick picture. I had another good sized carp that took the bread fly, but snapped me off on some submerged debris.

Lowell

post-320-1140059102_thumb.jpg

Guest Carpenter 07

Nice fish! If you guys are not more careful your going to make me break out my fly gear early this year.

Nice real, I have the same one on my 7wt.

The master of the bread fly strikes again! Chalk another one up for the "lefties". Great fish Lowell. Wish you could have had that double. Oh well, that is why it is called fishing and not catching my friend! :D Better than the skunk that I got yesterday. You da man! :D

On a fly, very nice!!!!

I was able to grab an hour after work today to hit a small local lake. Upon arriving I noticed a few feeding carp in the shallows. With my hopes high, I tied on old faithful. After a couple of discriminating snubs form some picky carp, I was able to find a taker. He greedily sucked in the bread fly as it was falling to the bottom. After a nice fight, he tired and I was able to lift him out for a quick picture. I had another good sized carp that took the bread fly, but snapped me off on some submerged debris.

Lowell

Congrats I didnt think a fly rod would work this time of year , but you prove that wrong . Well done :D

I went out today to the same spot for about 1.5 hours and caught four more. Caught them all on the bread fly again! No pics this time, but they were all commons between 5-10 pounds. Another fun day!

Lowell

Disreguard my one question as the answer is here on the thread. Congratulations on 4 more fine accomplishments. That's four more gold for the fly rodders in the carp olympics. :D At this point Lowell should be right there in the center podium. :D

Seriously-CONGRATULATIONS! You work very hard at acheiving each carp you bring to capture. Keep up the good work there sir! :D

Looks like I have to make a road trip to your pond soon! :D

Keep up the good work.

Lowell, that is one of the most beautiful fish I've seen! What is it about the fish you get there?:D

It is the spring water that feeds that pond I believe. Of course my belief is that any carp caught with the fly rod by a fluff chucker as experienced as Lowell has to be a beautiful specimen. Call me biased! :D:D

I think Ray is on the right track regarding the spring feed water. The lake supports a very healthy population of small aquatic insects and crustacians including fresh water scuds. I believe that it is the scuds that contribute to the beautiful coloration of the carp in the lake.

Lowell