Carp Anglers Group Forums
Guest oxquo

How many hours per week do you fish???

A good average will do, Spring to Fall...  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest oxquo

I'm curious on average how much others will say they spend fishing. Some of us aren't as fortunate as others to be close to great waters though. Time fishing includes all species targeted. Personally I'd prefer to have a laptop so I could be using the board via bivvy as opposed to sitting at My desk.

macfish here. oxquo, I think you have a very interesting poll topic and subject here. I imagine for many it might change from week to week. Most of the time I might be able to get a few hours in fishing so I put 0 - 10. Sometimes I might get a bit more inclined, needy, whatever it's called, and I might even exceed 10 hours. If you want a very interesting poll you might follow up by asking how many hours folks here REALLY want to fish. That would be telling if there were no limits on what they could have. Jonathan

P.S. I forgot to add that one of my "problems" here is that I live anywhere from 5 minutes to a couple of hours from very good fishing waters (I'm talking about four or five good lakes and several very good rivers). I have a hard time picking and choosing and some I just have never been to because of time limitations. I know you all feel so sorry for me. :D Jonathan

Edited by macfish

I chose 0-10 because I don't fish quite as much in the warmer months. Over the past month, though, it is closer to 20. My real average for spring to fall is probably on margin of 0-10 and 11-20.

I have plenty of decent gear and bait right now, but I have no one to fish with, and refuse to go alone. I also live in an area that is barely explored in terms of carp fishing, so I have no idea where to begin and I'd have to bait up awhile in advance. Since I'm out of school right now for the summer, my hope is that I'll get out soon on a weekend.

Guest AnthonyR

My vote was based on my summer fishing schedule, which will be in effect in 2 weeks :D

I have plenty of decent gear and bait right now, but I have no one to fish with, and refuse to go alone.

If I refused to go alone, I would have three carp this year.

Edited by AnthonyR

Guest Eric Ridenour

I know it may sound funny , But I fish almost everyday. LOL , I live about 35 yards from the Mon River , So I try to check out the forum and fish in the evening every day.

Guest AnthonyR
I live about 35 yards from the Mon River

Thats awesome. Do you ever cast your bait into the water and bring the rod into your kitchen so you can watch for bites while you eat breakfast? Thats what I would do.

Thats awesome. Do you ever cast your bait into the water and bring the rod into your kitchen so you can watch for bites while you eat breakfast? Thats what I would do.

macfish here. Come on Anthony, tell the truth! That isn't really what you'd do. You cast out, take your pole in the house with you, get on the Internet, hook up your webcam and then live broadcast the capture of your new PB 23 lb. carp on flyrod! Jonathan

Guest AnthonyR
macfish here. Come on Anthony, tell the truth! That isn't really what you'd do. You cast out, take your pole in the house with you, get on the Internet, hook up your webcam and then live broadcast the capture of your new PB 23 lb. carp on flyrod! Jonathan

All right, ya got me.

Guest Eric Ridenour

Better yet here's a sat pic the red arrow points to my home.

Edited by driftwood

atm because of it being non daylight savings i can only fish on the weekends because it gets dark not long after 5 O'Clock in the evening.... so maybe 15 or something like that.

Another couple weeks my fishing hours will be between 3am and 9am the carp seem to bite later at night and earlier in the morning once the water gets hot then cattin will take place in the evening

I'm curious on average how much others will say they spend fishing. Some of us aren't as fortunate as others to be close to great waters though. Time fishing includes all species targeted. Personally I'd prefer to have a laptop so I could be using the board via bivvy as opposed to sitting at My desk.

I chose 31-40 hours...in the summer it's generally more than that - more like 50-60 hours. I don't night fish much in the winter, so it falls to about 15 hours a week at that time of year (pike fishing in winter, carp in summer).

When Im not working I do mostly carp fishing, on the weekend if I can get a few hours here or there. When the weather gets better I will be doing lots of night fishing.

Usually one 10 hr session a week. I would love more, but I have a demanding job and two young kids with lots of things to do. My wife likes to see me some as well. She is great and tells me to go fishing when I want. I think it's her way of making me feel guily so I don't go more.

When I am fishing, I am dead serious for those 10 hrs. Totally focused on catching!

Guest Shropshirelad

Back in Blighty we used to do weekends on a regular basis ( i was single :D ) so anywhere around 36/40 hours a week, the longest i did was 4 nights/days :D but boy is it nice to get back home to a comfy bed!

I'll probably average around 14 to 18 hours a week. My sessions are shorter than the ones you guys put do, but I put a lot of them in. On the weekends I try to be out at light and will fish maybe four hours, getting home between 9AM and 10AM. I do what I have to do around the house and with the wife, then try to get back on the water for the last two or three hours of light. I stop when I can after work during the week getting in two to three hours at a rip. Sometimes I fish for an hour, then have to leave.

I am fortunate to live close to the rivers, so driving time is never an issue.

-Ken

My 2 boys and I get up every Saturday at 4 am. Hit the water at 5, 5:30am and fish till 7 or 8 pm. Sundays we usually fish till about 3pm and we also fish every Wednsday night. So about 20to30 hours a week. I enjoy the 14hr sessions on Saturdays the most.

Thats cool Charley!!...Few years ago before I graduated me and my dad and my cousins and uncle headed out friday night and came home sunday night were we fished it was a ton of room we had cookouts every weekend and played frisbee I miss the weekend sessions......gonna have to start doin that again soon soon soon!