Carp Anglers Group Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eric Kol

1st Mirror on the fly

Guest Eric Kol

Hey all,

had some time this afternoon so I decided to pester some poor carp with my flys. I had three takes, one common and two mirrors. Landed one and it is my first mirror on the fly! Funny, I have been fishing this spot for 2-3 years now, mostly during spring/spawn. Other than a real nice koi, I have never seen mirrors here...that is untill last week. I had a mirror take and get off after a second or two. Then today I had two takes by Mirrors. I'll be interested to fish the area with bait too and see what else I can turn up!

post-3032-1193090679.jpg

post-3032-1193090698.jpg

Guest carpmanjake

great fish way to go. by the way what lake is that on. (im planning to go to college in Minneapolis)

Guest Eric Kol

Jake, zap me an email.....this is a very secret spot in Minneapolis. I have not ever seen evidance of another angler here!

eric_kolcinski@yahoo.com

nice fish...saw that on roughfish too. i'm in MN every spring, we'll have to hook up and chase some carp. my in laws live in eden prairie so i'm always looking to sneak out for some local carping!

mirrors are racist. they prefer to hang out together. it's funny, but im serious.

Guest Eric Kol
nice fish...saw that on roughfish too. i'm in MN every spring, we'll have to hook up and chase some carp. my in laws live in eden prairie so i'm always looking to sneak out for some local carping!

John, your on. Spring is an awesome time to fish up here with the flyrod. Waters I thought were devoid of carp have come alive during spawn.

Guest Eric Kol

mirrors are racist. they prefer to hang out together. it's funny, but im serious.

I am seriously glad to hear they hang out together, all racial implications aside. I suppose with the mutation or recesive gene, all it takes is one in a breeding population to start the wheels in motion for higher numbers in the population. I guess I really have no idea, but it seems likely.....and I'm hoping to land a few more from this area to see how similar and dissimilar the scale patterns are.

Nice mirrors :D

Louis brings up a good point, more than once in my carp fishing I'd gone thru 100's of commons in a row over the course of a year w/o a mirror and then suddenly turned up back to back mirrors.