Carp Anglers Group Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Carpflyfisher

carp fly swap

Guest Carpflyfisher

Okay guys,

My account has been set up, and I've even had a friend e-mail me from the board. I've been REALLY interested in a carp fly swap. I can host it. I haven't hosted a mail in swap before though. If there are just a few that raise there hands, we can tie 2 each. If we get 8-12 folks in on this, we can tie one for each.

Who want in? Leave a post to see how many want to do this first, then we can work out details later.

Mike

Guest PbSlinger

Oh yeah, hey Mike, your Carp Candy is a staple in my box. Really one of three bugs I use regularly.

Count me in if you don't mind an amateur. I'll tie the puke fly!

Ray

Edited by Eich

Guest Carpflyfisher
Oh yeah, hey Mike, your Carp Candy is a staple in my box. Really one of three bugs I use regularly.

Sweet! But you have to let me tie it!!! Its the only one I know how to tie.... :D Actually, I'd love to expand my arensal of flies this year, so this swap will be a great start.

It definitely was spawned from the previous carp flies post. Just thought it would be more obvious if it had its own post.

Mike

Guest Carpenter 07

I have tied more carp candies than any other fly in my box but they never look as good as the ones you gave me at your group meeting last year.

I'm in for sure, I've been excited to have some of you guys test out my new "bug"

Ray

Guest PbSlinger

Mr. Montana, where you at?? Are you in? I'd love some of those "killers" in your boxes!!!!!

Guest KB

Thanks for the call John. I would have missed this swap.

I am in for a burgundy leech that seems to stop em here on the Columbia.

Kim

Guest Eric Kol

Thanks for the heads up John and Carpenter, I would like to be in too. I would like to tie a bonefish biter pattern....or a variation..... It's an epoxy head deal that has caught plenty of carp for me.

I can't wait to see everyones patterns! Eric

I still have a whole box of flies that I ordered for the last swap, but didn't get delivered until 6 months later (!) so I'm in.

Guest Carpflyfisher

Wow, excellent we are up to 13 already! Let me know what you guys want to tie, and I'll update this list. If we get a few more (up to 12) in the next few days, that is fine by me.

So is a month deadline okay with everyone? We can have all flies to me by March 17, if there are not objections. I'll PM or e-mail everyone my address in the next few days

So far we have:

Wendy Berrell - the STALASS, done, received

PbSlinger - ZZ Top carp bug, done, received

Eich - puke fly, done, received

Carpenter 07 - 3MF, done, received

John Montana - green crayfish/damselfly pattern, done, received

KB - burgundy leech, done, received

9weight - antron special (mayfly nymph), done, received

Eric Kol - bonefish biter pattern/variation, done, received

Swiss - shipped, received

carpmanjake - J-Diddy's Special-T, done, received

MrP - Carp carrot, done, received

MajorGeek - carp woollies, done, received

Carpflyfisher - Mike's carp candy, crayfish orange size 8, done

Can't wait to tryout some new patterns....

Mike

Edited by Carpflyfisher

Guest carpmanjake

i maybe able to send some flies. if i do i would sent one of my specialty cat hair leeches that has caught me hundreds of carp even in murky water. and probable a rabbit clouser (my special patter) killer with clear water carp. or maybe a carp pigboat

Edited by carpmanjake

I looked over the list again and think I might rather contribute a Carp Carrot pattern I have used for a few years.

Guest Carpflyfisher

Okay, it looks like we are up to a bakers dozen. Carpmanjake, are you definitely in? Let's lock it down now, so we won't have to tie up more bugs.

I'll send out my mailing address soon to everyone through pm on this board. Let me know what you want to tie/swap so I can update the main post with who is tying what. Also, keep me posted when they are done and shipped and I can update it accordingly.

Sounds like a great selection of carp favorites. I've already tied up a few ZZ Top bugs to test out this spring......

Thanks guys,

Mike

Guest Carpflyfisher
Do you want some carp woollies? I haven't seen anyone else mention the pattern.

Hey that sounds great, if they catch carp, its fair game! Again, my idea for doing this was to expand my box a bit, and learn what other obsessed flyrod carpers throw to the golden bonefish of the mudflats...

Edited by Carpflyfisher

Guest carpmanjake
Carpmanjake, are you definitely in?

sorry guys but this is my first swapso im not quite sure how things work. so can you fill me in on the rules and shipping and all that?