Carp Anglers Group Forums
Sign in to follow this  
roughfisher

4/19/08 outing

Due to the recent snowmelt, the rivers are running a bit cloudy here. As a result, blind nymphing carp is a little slow right now due to the decreased visibility. I managed to catch one carp on my antron special before switching over to garden hackle.

smallcopcz7.jpg

I hope you don't mind seeing a couple of non-fly caught fish:

cop4os7.jpg

copposefl5.jpg

Guest Carpflyfisher

Nice fish 9weight...

I was finally able to get out and do some carpin with a fly. Ended up doing some hiking to a creek mouth that drains into a good size lake. Water temps in the shallows were upper 50s and there were plenty of tailing fish...tried a san juan worm but was too impatient to fish it very long. Broke out a black carp candy and had a few takers. Landed a 4 pounder that went 20 inches. Good to get the first fish of the season under the belt....

Mike

post-3360-1208747114.jpg

post-3360-1208747185.jpg

Hey Mike, nice to hear you got the first fish under the belt. I'm curious to see if others will have the same luck I've been having with my antron special nymph. Been real productive for me so far this season. I wish others good luck with it as well.

Edited by 9weight