Carp Anglers Group Forums
Mario Kok

Planning a trip to the US

Guys,

I managed to convince my wife that for next year (may/june '09) we need to take three weeks off to travel and fish in the US. If the budget allows for it, we'll be doing the Carper Exchange Program B) B) B)

So here goes, I'm looking for big fish mainly and good friends.

High on my list are (in semi random order):

- Big buffalo

- Big grasser

- Big carp

- Visit online friends and meet them in real life

- Good food and a couple of drinks

So, where do we go? The idea is to travel with the three of us, so no hard core camping (Danilo will be one year and a little bit). It would be mainly day-trips and overnight with friends or in hotels. If rods etc. can be made available, that would be even better.

Maybe we could do like 5 or 6 different fishing locations all over the US. We'll also visit some friends in Arizona and Seattle so those are obligatory stops... B)

Who's up for it? Can you handle us? B)

post-1403-1210797420.jpg

mario two letters for you DC B) carp capital of the usa plus a whole lot of other great stuff to see and do . let us know we'll be here for ya

Mark

mario two letters for you DC B) carp capital of the usa plus a whole lot of other great stuff to see and do . let us know we'll be here for ya

Mark

Thanks Mark B)

If your near the Captian your near me.

If are thinking about NYC, let me know

Im just across the Hudson B)

Thanks everybody, I think this is going to be a really awesome trip. Let's see how much our budget allows us to travel, but it would be really nice to visit many different places during this visit.

We're very exited to meet you all and hopefully catch a few fish as well.

I'm still looking for someone to fish Town/Austin with. Any takers? B)

Hi Mario,

I think you need to come north to SD and catch some prairie carp with me. The wife would probably like to check out the Laura Ingalls (Little House on the Prairie) Museum, and you might want to see Mount Rushmore. We will catch plenty of nice carp, and you will see lots of wildlife, like pheasants, buffalo, deer and antelope. Hope to see you.

John

Don't have the room to put you up,,,,,,,but if you get to TEXAS, I can sure as heck show you around Austin, Take you to Emma, and Lady Bird...and share a bank with you, and probably get some of the others in this great State to join us as well,,,,,

Those places are about 4 hours away from where I'm at , but we can hook up in Austin,,,and DO IT TO IT !!! B)

If you are in the PA region, I would gladly fish with you. I do recommend going to DC as Mark says ....I fished it for the first time last week. You see the sights, can stay in a nice hotel and get some cracking fishing. What more could you want!?

Rich

While I don't have any accomodations to offer, I cab give rods and a good time. I would also be happy to come meet up in DC or anywhere reasonable B)

While I don't have any accomodations to offer, I cab give rods and a good time. I would also be happy to come meet up in DC or anywhere reasonable B)

i would suggest DC and new york. i'd happily meet up in dc, like louis mentioned.

DC is the place to be bro' ... chance of everything you want except for the Buffalo.... massive carp, mahoosive grassers (in nearby Virginia) and loads of sights for the family to see! B)

This just keeps getting better and better. DC seems to be an awesome option, Austin sounds great also, Madison...Too many options. Maybe we just have to make two trips... B)

Looks like the CEP is working... B)

Anybody have any tips on buying inland flights? This might be a very expensive trip and I would like to hear if there's anything I can do to lower flight costs. You guys have budget airlines for example?

Southwest Airlines has always been good to me, they have a pretty generous baggage allowance and their flights are competitively priced.

as pat said southwest has decent rates ....key to inland flights is to try and land and leave from whichever carrier you choose .... hubs. they have more flights and generally lower rates. if you have flexibility www.priceline.com( discount clearing house) is the way to go for rental cars and hotels they can also be great for flights . you can low ball them and you will be surprised how many companies will take your low bid especially rent cars. i will never rent a car any other way . cars that usually go for 70-85 a day for 25$ a day same with hotels.... great rates are available.

We will definately make a trip to Austin well worth it. Extra gear is available and it would be enjoyable as well. Definately big buffs in the picture.

Frank

We will definately make a trip to Austin well worth it. Extra gear is available and it would be enjoyable as well. Definately big buffs in the picture.

Frank

B) B) B)

Guest EuroCarper

If you make it through Indiana, shoot me a message and we can set up something. Extra gear is no problem either, I got the one or other thing more than once B) ........

If you make it through Indiana, shoot me a message and we can set up something. Extra gear is no problem either, I got the one or other thing more than once B) ........

Cool... B)

Guest K-1

If you head east you will drive right over the Tennessee River ... stop and I'll set you up on a location known for 40+'s and I'll pack you a bag of bait to use on your adventure B) Don't miss Tennessee !!