Carp Anglers Group Forums

ZachATree's Picture blog.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great fish fellas an it looks like a great find in PA. I hope you guys continue to do well and you do not get to many trying to snag and kill-em. Congrat again and keep up the good work. It really feels good to find a nice location like that and also share with others. I hope you guys realize you have something special there.

Frank

Great fish fellas an it looks like a great find in PA. I hope you guys continue to do well and you do not get to many trying to snag and kill-em. Congrat again and keep up the good work. It really feels good to find a nice location like that and also share with others. I hope you guys realize you have something special there.

Frank

its filled with koi an ghost carp as well. commons are the minority.

just a matter of time an ill get my first koi, they always seem to be at the top tho...

So the carp Zach caught above had a gash in it that he thought was a snag wound, while I thought was a spawn wound. Look what I found stuck in my net over the weekend!

post-500-1243351723.jpg

ha we got 6 fish out of there with huge puffy wounds in there tails, dave got one yesterday that had a mark from a inch beind the gill down to the center of its body, then it had a huge puffy cut all around its tail.... so sad...

went for a three day trip that ended up pretty ####ty due to the person i went with was a jerk.

went with jessie, he claimed of 50 pound carp that he caught the week before... we hiked 2 miles in the middle of the night to are spot on a dam a really really hardcore hike, no barrow would have gotten down this path. we get there an jessie insist we fish right on shore... cus this is how he had caught the ""50s"" the week before... went to bed an woke up in three hours to take the bivvy down.. we arent supposted to camp here on state lands. so in the morning no doubt this place holds 30s some huge fish rolled an splashed about, but not in are swim. so i put a marker float out while jessie fished the shore an i found he was fishing over twigs with the feature finder. i found a nice shallow spot out in the lake that was just in reach of my 7 foot poles reach, this is also where i seen fish rolling an bubbling. i spoded the #### out of the spot an fish started to roll alot. right as i was about to cast hook bait, a fish rolled an i hit the spot dead on, no sooner was the fish on. 6 pounds, not quite the 50 jessie promissed me. i walked up the dam, an my other rod went off.. jessie caught the fish on my rod the best fish of the trip at 17lb then latter i got a 11lb. all the fish posed for the camera kinda silly.

mixedphotos004-11.jpg

mixedphotos005-12.jpg

mixedphotos006-12.jpg

mixedphotos007-11.jpg

mixedphotos009-11.jpg

mixedphotos010-10.jpg

mixedphotos011-9.jpg

anyway to make a long story short. i spod before put the tent * cough * i mean bivvy up an went to sleep, i over slept on a strike an lost the fish. so i pulled my rods while jessie left his out now at the spoded spot an not on the bank. a fish rips his one rod off an spolls it almost instantly... i told him not to use that rod at night an i was right... so im pissed that a fish is out there towing all that string, hes pissed off about loseing the fish, we both freak out, its 3 in the morning, we pack up an each walk alone, back to the parking lot. so i carryed like 2 trips worth of sh*t 2 miles took me for ever. we drive the 2 hours home in with the radio screaming an no talking. got droped off an at my house an parted with out a word. if we would have stayed till sunday we would have nailed some really big carp, an this post would have been alot better.

im buying a sweet nash umbrella an gonna start overnighting alot lot more... more then likely by my self.

• 1 month later...

few days ago jessie, avis, austin, an i went fishing for a few hours in the night... with hopes of beating the ducks. jessie caught the only fish but what a fish... it was 30.8 pounds it was missing a huge hunk of tail so we called it basiclly 31 :rolleyes: this place has 3 foot wide snapping turtles that eat ducks!!!!!!! this was jessies first fish on his new cabelas 12ft rod an new daiwa reel. his camera took good photos of it... but mine was one the wrong setting or something.. heres the 2 i got, i gess there kinda cool...... kinda?

mixedphotos024-3.jpg

mixedphotos025-2.jpg

me an austin went a few days ago.

mixedphotos027-3.jpg

austin got his first mirror.

mixedphotos029-3.jpg

and a new pb

blowing his old pb out by about 20lb :yourock:

then on a monster squid an tiger nut hookbait i got blessed with this.

mixedphotos033-2.jpg

mixedphotos034-2.jpg

happy, you bet i was! first koi! an a awesome one. out from a far distance bringing the fish to the surface an realizing its a koi... its the best!

hope you all enjoy!

Congrats on catching that koi. It's a beautiful fish! Those little fish you were catching look like hybrid stripers to me. A hybrid is a cross between a white bass and a striper. Our game commission currently has a thing for stocking striped bass in our lakes. I personally don't think it's a very good idea. I've seen the bait fish population in one of my local lakes completely decimated since stripers were introduced. Congrats on the catches!

Eric

I'm surprised you knew it was a koi with those glasses on :rolleyes:

Awesome fish :yourock:

i have thorougly enjoyed looking through this thread zachatree. great mirrors and it seems your catch record has gone through the roof the more i read. a massive well done on the fish, the effort gone in to catching them, taking all your mates and bird fishing plus that dude out of flight of the concords! nice one and keep up the hauling!

thanks guys :rolleyes: im leaving here now to go on a 4 day maybe 5 day session. im sure ill have more to post at the end of it :yourock:

im taking the secret weapon this trip... The BAITBOAT!!!!

hope to have some more 20s an hopefully a 30 to post by monday :o