Carp Anglers Group Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest carpmanjake

21 lb winona carp

Guest carpmanjake

on sunday i went fishing on lake winona. fishing was slow since the spawn was still going. i sat around for hours without a bite. after maybe 3 hours i began to doze off. then came the best sound anywhere. the solid 1 tone of a carp. i got up and line was burning off my reel. i turned off the baitrunner and set the hook. i could tell it was a BIG fish. how big i wasnt sure. then i remembered i didnt bring my net. mainly because winona isnt known for big carp. then i remembered "could this be the big melanistic from last summer?" after 10 minutes of tug of war the carp started to tire. it surfaced about 20 feet away. i knew it was an easy 20 lber. but it wasnt my melanistic.

i called a little boy that was walking by over to hold my rod while i landed the fish.

it was 21 lb 2 oz. the biggest ive caught from that lake.

i did not have my camera with but i did have my KRZR and i have pics on there im gonna try to upload the pics with my webcam cable. and get it on here. ortherwise i could just take a pic of the screen

... well had to take a pic of the screen. this was the best of the newer bunch

the fish was a caught on hair rigged glowbait carpjuice flavored corn with a peice of yellow foam in the shape of a kernal of corn to float it 6 " above the muddy leafy bottom bottom.

post-1862-1214374643.jpg

Edited by carpmanjake

Guest carpmanjake

thanks rob and justin! i took some more pics. i got a pretty good one. the new pic is shown.

Guest carpmanjake
awesome stuff Jake! you are catching some nice fish man!!!

thanks simon. this has been my best carp fishing year yet. just like macfish B)