Carp Anglers Group Forums

Two Venues right under my beak...

Right in the office park where I wrangle my income lie two carp venues. One is a crescent shaped, one acre pond chock full of Carp. There are big Commons, Ghosts, Grassies, Koi, Goldfish and maybe but yet to be seen Mirrors. Nearly all could be new personal bests in every category if I could only catch them. The problem is the two NO FISHING signs on the fence near the pond.

So what’s a Carp Angler to do? Well, FEED them of course. And feed them I do. The commons will come running when the bread or sugar pops hit the water. The Grassies just cruise about clooping on floating algae clumps. The ghosts stay deeper under the feeding commons and only show themselves occasionally. Same goes for the Koi and goldies. These seem to be the shyest and wariest. I figure if I keep up the food regimen I should have them eating from my fingertips in no time. Believe me I've been tempted to wet a line many times when I see these guys.

The other venue was right under my nose also but unknown to me how close it was. A hiking and biking City Park Trailhead complete with the Jordan River full of carp. So on a whim I drove to the end of our office park road at 7AM today and low and behold there she be. I just happened to have some 13-grain bread and boilies in the truck cab so I fed the ducks and scouted the area before work. Watching for carp sign, I’m rewarded with tailers, and surfacing fish. One swirl is heavy and causes instant large rings heading to both banks. That was a BIG one! Several smaller surfacings also look promising. Good thing I travel with my gear and tackle in the truck!

PS- I just drove over and photo’d the area. Saw more fish tailing, muddling where I tossed bread in this AM and a surprise bank feeder about 24-28 inches long. OH BOY!

Obviously, I was on the bridge scanning and taking pics.

Steve

The view facing South.

southview2vr2.th.jpg

The view North.

northviewhu2.th.jpg

The bank feeder is in the lightened area.

bankfeeder1sc2.th.jpg

The bank feeder closeup.

bankfeederhj7.th.jpg

bankfeeder2uz7.th.jpg

it's a shame there is no fishing at # 1 but at least you can learn by watching B)

#2 looks good, I can;t wait for some pictures of fish OUT of the water B)

Guest carpmanjake

nice pictures. i encounter those bank feeding carp all the time on lake winona. they are amazingly easy to catch. and absolute blast on the fly! i always use a very slow sinking fly for them. its really cool seeing them just chase after the fly is cool!

Alllllll Rightey!!!! Guys and gals, pics tomorrow. I went, I fished, I caught!

Some neat stuff happened, too.

I discussed Ezekiel and Job with a man named Kim.

I taught and fished with Isaiah.

And met another boy also Isaiah.

Learned some Tongan language.

Caught a Bullhead.

Several Carp were weighed.

My new PB Common taught me to be humble when the hook straightened AT THE NET. ohhh noooooo........ B)

My wife sure loves, supports and encourages me.

We came to the analogy that fishing is "my golf course".

Pics on Friday.

I kissed a carp and made some kids smile.

The Fish Gods smiled upon me.

Life is good!

Steve

I GOTTA GET A BIGGER NET! B)

Alllllll Rightey!!!! Guys and gals, pics tomorrow. I went, I fished, I caught!

Some neat stuff happened, too.

I discussed Ezekiel and Job with a man named Kim.

I taught and fished with Isaiah.

And met another boy also Isaiah.

Learned some Tongan language.

Caught a Bullhead.

Several Carp were weighed.

My new PB Common taught me to be humble when the hook straightened AT THE NET. ohhh noooooo........ B)

My wife sure loves, supports and encourages me.

We came to the analogy that fishing is "my golf course".

Pics on Friday.

I kissed a carp and made some kids smile.

The Fish Gods smiled upon me.

Life is good!

Steve

I GOTTA GET A BIGGER NET! B)

Making kids smile.....makes new carpers. Great Job.