Carp Anglers Group Forums

Coupla quickies form yesterday.

fishhead

These were taken during an after work session about 2 minutes from my office. While it's nice to readily pull carp from a V-E-R-Y convenient venue, I'm getting the idea that all I'm catching are Mr Ten Pounder and all his relatives. Of the 4 times fishing here, I've averaged around 5 fish per session, 2-3 losses or LDRs, at least one cat, Carp average weight around 9 pounds and more often than not a few more folks visiting than I prefer.

Granted it is a park and the kids that show are great, it's also a pick up place for gay men and two came calling yesterday. NOT my cuppa joe indeed. So one more time decides if I move on or continue to make the best of it. This river runs south to north for 25 miles with plenty of carp. Most places will need machete work to fish though. No Problemo! Just got several tips of a BIG CARP venue up north an hour away and will scout and fish it soon. Till then I can count on a ten.

Steve

One 24 inch 8 pounder and one 30 inch 9 #. Plus a final fish (No Pic)- a bullhead cat. borrowed camera was tricky.

824inchrw2.th.jpg9830inchhx9.th.jpghalfshotkb0.th.jpg

Edited by fishhead

Just be thankful they let you fish there. The park by me has NO FISHING signs all over the place. The city built up the water front, I guess fisherman spoiled the view.

It's the windmill syndrome, They think all carp fishermen are blowhards. B)B)B)B)B)B)

That must be it, after all they put in docks for the bass fisherman so they could stop and get a cocktail or a beer.

OK, I went by again today for a 60 minute session right after work and before the thick traffic. Well, 20 minutes into it a couple of families with toddlers show up and the twin boys about 18 months to 2yrs old have matching Disney Pixar rods and matching red sunglasses. Moms and dads feed bread to the ducks and thankfully keep them away from my lines. They visit and cast the boys lines in when BZZZZZZZZZTTTTT! my Okuma bait runner gets with it!

Alright! couldn't have been timed better. I grab the net and walk towards them and water level to play the fish in close for netting. When it rips and snorts and they see the pole bending and drag sizzling. After another couple minutes the beauty rolls and they see it. GOSH! it's BIG! they exclaim. Right into the net and then it swims right back out for another short burst til I turn it back and into the net for good. On shore the moms and dads ask the kids to look at the fish. I unhook it and move the rod aside and calm the carp down. Those two boys were just goggle eyed. WOOOOOWwwwww! was repeated over and over in low deep voices for 2 year olds. I got a couple pics by a dad and posed the tyke with his rod and the fish in front of him. I'm saying "cheese" right when the shutter tripped but it looks like something else. Then passed a business card over to the dad for emailing the pic. Thanks and a handshake and I shortly packed up for the drive home.

carp3009pu5.th.jpgcarp3014ki0.th.jpg

The real bummer was I was told the light rail commuter train was being put in right where I fish. B) Ripping out the bike and hike trail and fishing area for the TRAX rail. Sigh...oh well.

Steve