Carp Anglers Group Forums
Guest Cyprinus Carpio

Greetings from Australia

Guest Cyprinus Carpio

Hello fellow Carpers,

My name is Chris & I live in the Australian Capital Territory, I emigrated from the UK 7 years ago & have been Carp fishing for not quite 2 years here in Australia, many thanks to Phil (Big O) for putting me onto this fantastic site, you guys have some astounding area's & waters to fish not to mention some of the most remarkable captures, I'm really looking forward to participating on the site & learning more of this great sport, also I hope I can share with you the experience that is Australian Carping.

kind regards,

Chris

Guest Eli

Australia...I heard you have some huge carp down there, but also some bad laws regarding carp. In any case, welcome to the site!

ahh.. I used to lived in Weetangera, a suburb of Canberra. what a great city. I haven't been back to Oz in over 15yrs and looking forward to going back there..

have a good day mate..

Wecome to the site Chris.Hope this site will help you--which I'm sure it will. If you come up with any good ideas from down under please post them.Sure would like to see some pictures also.

Dave

Welcome Chris.. looking forward to a few pictures from Oz

All the best..Val G

Hello fellow Carpers,

My name is Chris & I live in the Australian Capital Territory, I emigrated from the UK 7 years ago & have been Carp fishing for not quite 2 years here in Australia, many thanks to Phil (Big O) for putting me onto this fantastic site, you guys have some astounding area's & waters to fish not to mention some of the most remarkable captures, I'm really looking forward to participating on the site & learning more of this great sport, also I hope I can share with you the experience that is Australian Carping.

kind regards,

Chris

welcome B)

Just going thru my computer today and have seen your post. Welcom and tight lines. Keep us posted on the Carp down under. A favorite dream of mine is to someday visit that great and untamed land. How cool would it be to catch carp there.

Guest Cyprinus Carpio
Hi Chris! i will have to get over to Aussie some day to finally catch a common or mirror! unfortunately we only have Koi here in NZ B)

Deal done if I can come over to NZ and catch something as beautiful as you are holding there. B)

p.s. We've just had the Murray Cup & Mildura Masters & I fished next to one of your NZ lads and he caught a nice Koi it reminded him of home.

Chris

Chris, where do you live exactly? I might stop by in several large cities in Australia for a few days next year... And for once, not for work!

Guest irishcarper

hey Chris

glad you made it back ok....long drive ..

hey Jerome...sent me a pm there if your heading over this side of the world...am in Sydney here still and can get you out for a few days fishing if you up for it

chat soon

Dara

Hey Dara,..how's she cutting?? doing any carpin ??? !!

Val

Guest Cyprinus Carpio
hey Chris

glad you made it back ok....long drive ..

hey Jerome...sent me a pm there if your heading over this side of the world...am in Sydney here still and can get you out for a few days fishing if you up for it

chat soon

Dara

Hello Dara, have you recovered from all that hauling at Mildura? B)

The drive was not too bad for me, had breakfast & set off for 9am & was back in Canberra just after 5pm & that was with 3 stops to look at some waters, long way for you Sydney boys though at least the next one is a short hop to Canberra for you, are you Danny & the rest of the boys coming over for the Classic?

Jerome if you are over this way let me know, I'm in Canberra ACT, we're blessed with some very good Carp angling waters.

Chris

Guest iStan

Welcome, Chris.

I watch a few Australian fishing programmes on WFN. Bit surprised to hear Rex Hunt explain the policy towards carp there in one episode. How do you deal with that, if you don't mind my asking? Seems like there's terrific fishing there and I look forward to learning more about it from you.

Cheers

Stephen

Welcome Chris...look forward to hearing about your fishing. A few years ago we had a couple other Aussie anglers on here...match fishermen....they always gave us a hard time during "our" winter months as it was summer then is Australia. Great to have ya here.