Carp Anglers Group Forums
Rick Slinker

Last stop on the HCTT

Friday Night October 24th:

"Night Before the Trail Party" 5:00 pm till 8:00 pm

(Food, Drinks, Raffles, Door prizes , Games and more) (All Carpers Welcome) Hope to have a nice turnout. It is going to be a good party.

Saturday:

4:00-4:30 am: (meet at BP Connect at 151st and Meridian US31)

4:30 am: Leave for the St. Joe

7:00 am: Arrive at McNaughton Park (Venue will be pegged from 7:00-8:00)

8:00 am: Draw Pegs

9:00 am: Tournament Begins

11:30 am: Lunch will be served at Shelters. (It will not be delivered to pegs. You will need to come to shelter to pick it up.) Nathan Hot Dogs and coney sauce and Bosnian Sausages

5:00 pm: Tournament ends.

5:10 Food served for awards ceremony

5:30 pm Awards and door prizes (Top 10 will be announced) HCTT champion will receive new Traveling Trophy

*Season Banquet will also be held at St. Joe. Tournament.

All season trophies will be issued at this time along with saeson earnings, so if you want to have any family present they are welcome to attend and have dinner with us.

*Tournament will be aired on WHMB TV40 on Eddie Brochin Outdoors several times over the winter Comcast channel 9, Brighthouse channel 22

Current weather forecast for Elkhart is 40% chance of showers Hi 55, lo 40

looks like a great time is going to be had Have fun and catch lotsa fish B)

p.s the bosnian sausages sound good........ alex where can we get some ???

looks like a great time is going to be had Have fun and catch lotsa fish B)

p.s the bosnian sausages sound good........ alex where can we get some ???

There's a store up on King Hwy in Huntington that probably has them.

Have fun Rick and the Indiana crew, sounds like a blast!

Thanks Jim, Rick and all the folks; it was a fun and friendly tournament, and you sure made a couple of Wisconsinites (and "The Larry Kirchner Comedy Show") feel right at home! B)

Unfortunately, the weather wasn't perfect and I think this may have put the carp off; they certainly weren't in a feeding mood. Fortunately for me, the Tiger Feeder worked, and I was lucky enough to catch my first Indiana Carp, which gave me the incentive to keep fishing hard throughout the competition. Apparently, I just didn't deserve another bite however... and had to settle instead for lots of leaves, which at least gave some terrific false bites and I think kept us all occupied during the day! :lol

I hope you all catch some fish on those Tiger Feeders, and that you can get up to Wisconsin on the May 30th weekend, to fish the 2009 WI Carp Championship. We'll definitely look forward to a few more trips down to Indiana for the 2009 HCTT!

Lee, Could you post some more information about the '09 WI Carp Championship on May 30th. I'm from Wi and would like to give it a try.

Here are the top ten winners. Thanks to all that came and fished the HCTT this year. Next years HCTT schedule should be set by the first of the year.

1. Earl Neukam (Champion of 2008 HCTT)

2. Gilbert Huxley

3. Terry Wilson

4. Tom Shirely

5. Aljo Dzalik

6. Jeff Cunningham

7. Juso Dzalik

8. Dzemal Dzalik

9. Sefik Dzalik

10. Mark Banks

Thanks Jim, Rick and all the folks; it was a fun and friendly tournament, and you sure made a couple of Wisconsinites (and "The Larry Kirchner Comedy Show") feel right at home! B)

Unfortunately, the weather wasn't perfect and I think this may have put the carp off; they certainly weren't in a feeding mood. Fortunately for me, the Tiger Feeder worked, and I was lucky enough to catch my first Indiana Carp, which gave me the incentive to keep fishing hard throughout the competition. Apparently, I just didn't deserve another bite however... and had to settle instead for lots of leaves, which at least gave some terrific false bites and I think kept us all occupied during the day! :lol

I hope you all catch some fish on those Tiger Feeders, and that you can get up to Wisconsin on the May 30th weekend, to fish the 2009 WI Carp Championship. We'll definitely look forward to a few more trips down to Indiana for the 2009 HCTT!

It was nice hangin with you guys. Keep use posted on the WICC!!!