Carp Anglers Group Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest javajoe

Where to go on a road trip?

Guest javajoe

Was not sure were to post this, so here it goes anyway.

I am looking to take a couple of road trips to new waters. I am wondering where I should go. If you had five days to drive from Central Wisconsin, fish and drive back, where would you go? Being able to overnight at a site is a plus but not necessary. Waters with large populations of carp not necessary, bigger fish are more important.

I figure that I can make it to PA, WV, NC, OH, IN, TN, KY, AR, MO, OK, IL, KS, NE, IA, ND, SD, MN and MI. Where would you all go if you had the time to.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Joe

Edited by javajoe

Well the four / five I would have chosen aren't on your list of states.. ie NY , MD, VA , TX and DC..

but then it really depends on the time of year you are going to take the trip..

Of those on the list I would go for PA if it's summer or TN spring or fall..

Interesting question :rolleyes:

I'd head to SD to fish with John Kelly or head to MI to fish with the MI crew. Out of, of course, the states you listed...

Don't head to OR, though...them fish ain't right in the head! :rolleyes:

Edited by Big Carphuna

again as other post have said , timing is a lot to do with it, come join us in NY for a few days!

good head of large fish in NY, more than happy to fish with you over a night!

Cheers.

Joel.

Hey, try contacting Andy in Michigan. Go to the section on shared fishing trips, they will help out on making sleeping accomendations. The CAG folks in MI are very friendly and will help you get on some big fish. I was there 2yrs ago for a fishin and had a geat time. Ford Lake has some very cooperitive large fish available. Also try Kent Lake. There is tons of available shoreline. Nothing like WI with most shoreline being privately owned.

Guest javajoe

Where in South Dakota?

Michigan was already on my list of places actually. I drive by Ford and Kent Lakes all the time and felt they were a must fish this year.

I drive truck for a living and get to see all kinds of water that I want to fish but can only drive right on by.

Guest javajoe

Really I would like to hit New York and New England but drive time kind of takes a bit to much out of fishing time. All the states I listed I can easily make in a safe day driving and start fishing the next morning.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Where in South Dakota?

Michigan was already on my list of places actually. I drive by Ford and Kent Lakes all the time and felt they were a must fish this year.

I drive truck for a living and get to see all kinds of water that I want to fish but can only drive right on by.

I am on the East side of the state, just 45 miles North and West of Sioux Falls, in Madison. I have 3 lakes within 8 miles of town that have 30+ fish in them, and two with nice state park campgrounds. Then there is big Lake Thompson about 40 miles North and west of me, that would be your best shot a 40+ and a mirror, and it also has a nice state park campground. All of the lakes out here have plenty of public fishing areas, and you will catch loads of fish. Thanks :rolleyes:

John

Edited by Cyprinusman

Guest javajoe

South Dakota it is. For at least one of the trips. John I will try to get hold of you as my trip nears.

I am thinking it will probably be in July or August. Perhaps more time if things go well.

Should you find your way down to NC it would be my pleasure to take you paylaking.

Tom.

South Dakota it is. For at least one of the trips. John I will try to get hold of you as my trip nears.

I am thinking it will probably be in July or August. Perhaps more time if things go well.

July and August are both great months here because it does not get as hot as other places, and the carp are totally on the feed in those months. Plus, there are not as many boat fishermen because it is considered the 'dog days' for other species. My cell phone# is 605-999-0277, and I can be reached on it more than my home phone, because I also work on the road. Yeah, give me a call when it gets closer, and I will know where I'll be working and all of that, and when I need to pre-bait some swims with 500 pounds of cracked corn!!! That really puts them on the feed!!! :rolleyes:

John

Michigan, Grand River and tributaries, anywhere from Grand Rapids upstream to the Jackson area. Of course, I LIVE HERE, so I WOULD advise that! :rolleyes: But, seriously, we have some LARGE Carp here! If you're interested, let me know. There are a couple of CAG people here in the Lansing area who could help you out.