Carp Anglers Group Forums
louis

The 2009 CAG Spring Big 4 - May 1-31

To all my fellow anglers, the "May Big Four" was a lot of FUN. I would like to say thanks, for such a nice event. I had a blast fishing the past month. What I didn't know was how much I would learn from this event. Fishing that hard for a month, was eye opening. I fished mostly at night, and one tip I'll share about night fishing is to use glow in the dark corn(trust me on this). Rodman,Tim, River Rick and King Of Carp, thanks for your company. Mario, both Rodman and King Of Carp caught the fish I was after, had I caught her you might be in second place :rolleyes: . Thanks to all who helped me increase my watercraft and bait making skills.

Mario, both Rodman and King Of Carp caught the fish I was after, had I caught her you might be in second place :rolleyes: .

Tom, there's always next time...Congrats on some very nice fish :yourock:

I knew someone had to get 3 high thirty's and a 40 kicker fish in the month, to hit 150lbs. Wow those are big fish Mario. Congrats to the WINNER. :rolleyes: Mario. Thanks, Louis and everyone who entered. I had a ball, it was great seeing the board fill up with fish, the pics and the stories.

I knew someone had to get 3 high thirty's and a 40 kicker fish in the month, to hit 150lbs. Wow those are big fish Mario.

Not me. I'm shocked! :yourock:

I was thinking something like Tom's weight 132+ would win and certainly not more than 140. While there are quite a few waters that contain mid-30s (and bigger) they also invariably contain a huge excess of smaller specimens. So getting four 30s in as many weekends is really quite a challenge, four mid-30s even more so. I tip my hat to anyone who broke the 120 pound mark. :rolleyes:

Next year could get interesting. After the successes of 2009, I predict a lot more members will participate.........and that more 40+ fish will feature as a result.

Iain

Mi cago en la madre................................................................ :P:P:P

AWESOME FREAKING HAUL

:rolleyes::yourock::o

and all the Mexican crew, BIG BIG congrats :P

Congrats, Mario, on some most impressive specimens! Thanks, Louis, for an enjoyable event!--Frank

Congradulations Mario. Incredible captures.

Good showing by our guys here in Ontario. Good work guys.

Louis. Thank you for setting this up and running it. I believe this event will become a classic. The contest really captured the essence of carp angling and CAG. It really required the participants to use all their angling skills and the freedom to pick their swim. Cudos to you sir. :rolleyes:

To the participants, it was a pleasure and an honour to compete and fish with a great bunch of anglers.

This year I took up fishing PL style. I fished the whole tournament that way. I will work on learning more and honing my bait making skills. I have a lot to learn and I am looking forward to next years event.

Not me. I'm shocked! :yourock:

So getting four 30s in as many weekends is really quite a challenge, four mid-30s even more so. I tip my hat to anyone who broke the 120 pound mark. :rolleyes:

Iain

Just think here in Canada we're only using one rod. A good showing for Ontario, I do say.

We boil corn and tomorrow we fish some more................... June big five anyone?

I ain't playing, should get some work done finally.... :rolleyes:

The fish in Hamilton Harbour just keep getting bigger. The swim I have been fishing landed a 35, 34, and a 28 today. I guess a big 5 June thing would have been a good thing. Yes Mario You still would win as you are the man with the real big fish. I won't take anything away from you and your win.

The fish in Hamilton Harbour just keep getting bigger. The swim I have been fishing landed a 35, 34, and a 28 today. I guess a big 5 June thing would have been a good thing. Yes Mario You still would win as you are the man with the real big fish. I won't take anything away from you and your win.

Now if you said August, I'd be in... :rolleyes:

Guest The Bait Stop

Congrats to all that participated :rolleyes:

Will the winners please contact us through pm here on the forum or email us at thebaitstop@gmail.com

Many thanks,

Andy

Congrats to all that participated :yourock:

Will the winners please contact us through pm here on the forum or email us at thebaitstop@gmail.com

Many thanks,

Andy

I thought that stuff would be in the mail already? :o

On a more serious note, thanks to all the sponsors! You are a big part of the success of such events. I know most of us are not in it for the prizes, but what's a competition if there isn't anything to win... :rolleyes:

Guest The Bait Stop
I thought that stuff would be in the mail already? :o

On a more serious note, thanks to all the sponsors! You are a big part of the success of such events. I know most of us are not in it for the prizes, but what's a competition if there isn't anything to win... :rolleyes:

Your very welcome Mario,

It's a pleasure to support these events and look forward to the next one. :yourock:

Edited by The Bait Stop