Carp Anglers Group Forums
louis

The 2009 CAG Spring Big 4 - May 1-31

Update-

Our leader board and corresponding database have been upgraded to include a junior tab. This means we can have a separate Junior division!

We also now have location added, so we can add peg numbers or venues during the CAGI. :rolleyes:

See what it looks like on the atc leaderboard:

http://www.carpanglersgroup.com/?p=47

Would anyone be so kind as to donate some prizes to the kids? I think it would be fine if the existing donors were to reorganize their give aways to spread further :yourock:

Very cool!

so im sure when e-mail is sent out it will be in there on how to up load photos info. and also now the location!

thanks for your hard work in getting this set up!

Cheers,

Joel.

Update-

Our leader board and corresponding database have been upgraded to include a junior tab. This means we can have a separate Junior division!

Louis thanks,

I Reg today.

How do I reg. the kid?

Yeah Jim. Ditch the 8-tracks! :rolleyes:

What are 8-tracks ? :yourock:

I believe its a fine idea, but the same names as was previously mentioned most likely will win. A lot of CAG members aren't near, or in this day and time can afford the money to travel to waters that might contain the size fish needed to win. Some members seem to be fantastic anglers while others can never experience such captures as those lucky enought to have the time, funds, or waters within reach to bank fish the size needed to compete. I don't want to sound like "sour grapes" I believe a lot of CAG memebers won't even bother knowing they have a very little chance as the few who have regular or multible huge fish catchs, sometimes in just a day session, are hard to compete with. I'm not against yearly contests but I believe they should be a bit more of a equal chance for all

Is there anyone else having trouble registering? I've tried for the last 3 days and still can't get in. help thanks

What are 8-tracks ? :P

I'm sorry Jim, I think Scotty meant, ditch the reel to reel!!! Or ditch the 78 records!!! :rolleyes::yourock::P:o

I believe its a fine idea, but the same names as was previously mentioned most likely will win. A lot of CAG members aren't near, or in this day and time can afford the money to travel to waters that might contain the size fish needed to win. Some members seem to be fantastic anglers while others can never experience such captures as those lucky enought to have the time, funds, or waters within reach to bank fish the size needed to compete. I don't want to sound like "sour grapes" I believe a lot of CAG memebers won't even bother knowing they have a very little chance as the few who have regular or multible huge fish catchs, sometimes in just a day session, are hard to compete with. I'm not against yearly contests but I believe they should be a bit more of a equal chance for all

Spot on with this, myself i dont really do the compettive thing often so i'm not so worried, but it kinda does exclude a lot of people that may like to enter things, hey but its a nice idea :rolleyes:

Louis thanks,

I Reg today.

How do I reg. the kid?

make a donation in the members area and pm me his info. :rolleyes:

Spot on with this, myself i dont really do the compettive thing often so i'm not so worried, but it kinda does exclude a lot of people that may like to enter things, hey but its a nice idea :yourock:

Listen, it's the first one. In the future, we can maybe have regionals etc. It's just supposed to be like a more participatory version of the big fish award.

I'll tell you one thing, I am going to try to win it, and I don't live in troy or austin... and we have 20 competitors, I think that's cool. This can also be a bit of a spectator event being a whole month long :rolleyes:

Listen, it's the first one. In the future, we can maybe have regionals etc. It's just supposed to be like a more participatory version of the big fish award.

I'll tell you one thing, I am going to try to win it, and I don't live in troy or austin... and we have 20 competitors, I think that's cool. This can also be a bit of a spectator event being a whole month long :rolleyes:

Big fish don't just come from Troy or Austin! there every where!

you and Matt got in to a few nice 30's only a few days back ! and with your PB means there is only bigger to come!

cant wait for it to start off and see the map with the locations!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!

How about a no sand bagging rule so it's more fun for the spectators?

"Fish must be submitted within on week of catch date."

I'll tell you one thing, I am going to try to win it, and I don't live in troy or austin... and we have 20 competitors, I think that's cool. This can also be a bit of a spectator event being a whole month long :yourock:

Louis

I agree. If perfection is required at the first time of asking then nothing new will ever happen. Give it a try and let it grow. :o

I entered but have absolutely no expectation of winning. I see it as no more than a reminder to get my **** together to go out and fish in May and an opportunity to donate 10 bucks to the group.

Frankly, if by some miracle I caught three forties and a fifty next month I'd probably keep schtumm about it anyway. :rolleyes:

Iain

Good idea, unless the person is out fishing for a week :rolleyes:

Very cool!

:rolleyes:

Good idea, unless the person is out fishing for a week :rolleyes:

I thought you once told me to "get with the times", everyone has access to a computer?? LOL

I thought you once told me to "get with the times", everyone has access to a computer?? LOL

I was planning in going on a 10 day trip in May, without computer access....looks like it's cancelled anyway.

most of the time i have my laptop now for work along with my black berry i can use it as a modem any where i have a signal! so loading photos from my camera to the laptop then to the site is fine for a 3 or 4 day plus sesh!

so in a way some of us have access to a puter 24/7 lol :rolleyes:

cheers.

joel.

Edited by joel

I just send an email to all 20 current attendees on how to register and log in to the leader board to submit fish!

Please let me know if you don't receive it!

I just send an email to all 20 current attendees on how to register and log in to the leader board to submit fish!

Please let me know if you don't receive it!

Got it, looks great!

Got it, looks great!

looks good!

my CAG # is found where?

Cheers.

Joel.

(edit)

found it it!

Group: CAG Member

Member No.: 2935

Edited by joel

don't worry about it. it's a non mandatory field in the form. I'm going to have it taken out.

don't worry about it. it's a non mandatory field in the form. I'm going to have it taken out.

All signed up, works great, good going Bro :rolleyes: