Carp Anglers Group Forums
Carphd

Big 4 rule Discussion

Should there be a separate Jr division or will they fish with the big boys? :rolleyes:

Should there be a separate Jr division or will they fish with the big boys? :rolleyes:

Not for this one. It wouldn't fit into the leader board programming.. .plus, I think the kids have as much of a chance if they have the right folks :yourock:

"Anglers can fish any combination of waters anywhere in North America as long as fish are caught in public water"

Is this wildwater only or to include paylakes open to the public? Just wanting clarifaction.

"Anglers can fish any combination of waters anywhere in North America as long as fish are caught in public water"

Is this wildwater only or to include paylakes open to the public? Just wanting clarifaction.

No, That would be considered private. :rolleyes:

No, That would be considered private. :rolleyes:

It would? How so? If Joe Schmoe from Idaho goes and pays his fee to fish a Paylake, he can then go onto the lake just like Scotty Potty from Massachusetts can.

If paylakes are private by your definition, then so is Tomhannock (as you need to pay a fee to fish there too)...right?

It would? How so? If Joe Schmoe from Idaho goes and pays his fee to fish a Paylake, he can then go onto the lake just like Scotty Potty from Massachusetts can.

If paylakes are private by your definition, then so is Tomhannock (as you need to pay a fee to fish there too)...right?

Hi Scott, it's a matter of public vs private property. not if "the public" can go there for a fee or even for free. If it's public land, like a park, gamelands etc, that is owned by the public, then it's fine. If the water is owed by a person, it's private, whether they let you in for a fee, for free or what. It's the same rule for many states' records.

Hi Scott, it's a matter of public vs private property. not if "the public" can go there for a fee or even for free. If it's public land, like a park, gamelands etc, that is owned by the public, then it's fine. If the water is owed by a person, it's private, whether they let you in for a fee, for free or what. It's the same rule for many states' records.

So no Penn Warner fish :rolleyes: LOL

Tomhannock fish cannot be accepted then. Troy owns it (rather, Troy's Mayor, Harry Tutunjian), and you have to PAY just to get next to the shoreline (i.e., pay $10 for the 2 year permit) as the rules clearly state you cannot trespass anywhere on their property without purchasing their permit.

So, now that we've established Tomhannock carp and Paylake carp do not count (plus PW carp...LOL), anyone wanna fix their predictions accordingly??

Edited by Big Carphuna

Guest MajorLeagueCarp
As long as b'ville carp count, I'll be up there :rolleyes:

Arent some of the Bville pegs on private land?

Private land won't matter if its public water would it? I fish alot from my buddys private land. I stand on his land but cast into public water the Monongahela River.

Private land won't matter if its public water would it? I fish alot from my buddys private land. I stand on his land but cast into public water the Monongahela River.

By Louis' definition, I think it does matter. Too much grey area. His definition states that if the LAND and/or WATER is private, fish won't be accepted...

By Louis' definition, I think it does matter. Too much grey area. His definition states that if the LAND and/or WATER is private, fish won't be accepted...

I see what yout your saying but think he meant more like if the fish was state record qualifiable!

If I catch a carp and my buddys "The Secret Area" I can turn it in for a state record and if it was big enough and all the paper work, certifactions were correct it would be accepted as a WV State Record, BUT..............I would have been standing in Private Property when I caught it from the Monongahela River.

Edited by possum

Good point Possum.

I know the rules were written fairly quick, and this is one good way to get clarification, but it certainly seems a few waters which would have a big impact on the event won't be able to be included.

The better rule would be if anyone can fish it (even for a fee), the fish should count. There's just too many variables.

Good point Possum.

I know the rules were written fairly quick, and this is one good way to get clarification, but it certainly seems a few waters which would have a big impact on the event won't be able to be included.

The better rule would be if anyone can fish it (even for a fee), the fish should count. There's just too many variables.

I have no problems with that! :yourock:

EDIT: let me add not if my opinion really counted! :rolleyes:

Edited by possum

Why not just say (( all carp legally caught )).

Bow fish as well then?....Just kidding...

Waaaaaaaaaaaaa Good one "Joker"

I think the rules should be in line with the rules for the Big Fish Awards (minus the time span). If the Big 4 rules are going to be different then the Big Fish Award rules should be amended. It's a little crazy that you could win the big 4 contest and be disqualified for the Big Fish Award.

I'm not taking any sides in this issue but there's a word of difference between a private water and public water. On private waters around here you do not need to have a fishing license, and the state fish and game enforcement people do not enforce the laws the private owners of the water enforce rules.