Carp Anglers Group Forums
Carphd

Big 4 rule Discussion

NEW RULE: All carp must be returned to the water with scales fully intact..... that rules out paylakes.... Tommy in, paylakes out, problem solved! :rolleyes:

NEW RULE: All carp must be returned to the water with scales fully intact..... that rules out paylakes.... Tommy in, paylakes out, problem solved! :yourock:

What about if I catch a fish from Tommy that a paylaker caught before?? :rolleyes:

Thus, paylakes are OK because anyone can get in and fish them for a fee. Seriously, the more is written here, the more my point that there's no difference in this event's rules between Tomhannock and a paylake... :rolleyes:

I respectfully disagree; on private pay lakes you would not need a fishing license. On the Tom you do. Thus the difference.post-2782-1239291799.gif

But, I have never fished a pay lake or the Tom so take it for what it's worth.post-2782-1239291821.gif

I do however have tons of experience between private and public fishing on trout streams and rivers.post-2782-1239291867.gif

NEW RULE: All carp must be returned to the water with scales fully intact..... that rules out paylakes.... Tommy in, paylakes out, problem solved! :rolleyes:
\

What if you super glued the scales back on would it count then? :yourock:

Any fule kno there are no big carp in New York State or Massachusetts.

If there were I would have caught them all and made fishmeal boilies with them long ago. :rolleyes:

Hence I will have to limit my entry to an attempt at the "Small 4" prize. No doubt this news will come as a great relief to my fellow competitors. :yourock:

Iain

Hence I will have to limit my entry to an attempt at the "Small 4" prize. No doubt this news will come as a great relief to my fellow competitors. :yourock:

Iain

I'll give you a run for your "Small 4" prize. :rolleyes:

Thanks to Louis, this is the first thread, I have ever started that got to 6 pages. he, he, hee

What city government's are incorporated? Is the city of Troy a corporation? Can you give me a link that says so? Is Yosemite Park not a public park because a fee is a charged?

By your definition every water I've ever fished is private as I needed an ID and a fishing license.

A municipal corporation is the legal term for a local governing body, including (but not necessarily limited to) cities, counties, towns, townships, charter townships, villages, and boroughs. Municipal incorporation occurs when such municipalities become self-governing entities under the laws of the state or province in which they are located. Often, this event is marked by the award or declaration of a municipal charter.

The Village of Troy was a incorporated in 1794.

It has been a corporation for over 200 years.

Property owned by the corporation is not public property. The city of Troy owns that resevoir outright. Tomhannock is not public water.

\

What if you super glued the scales back on would it count then? :yourock:

No need for glue. If a paylake common looses enough scales, it becomes a mirror carp, if a mirror knocks off enough scales, it becomes a leather carp-----those would still count for this event. :rolleyes:

Property owned by the corporation is not public property. The city of Troy owns that resevoir outright. Tomhannock is not public water.

You can have private property with public access.

Are the strict regulations at this res. due to 9/11. For example we can no longer fish within 1 mile of the nuclear power plant here on Lake Ontario. Even though it is a huge Public Lake.

Guest MajorLeagueCarp

On our local lake the top half of the water (by depth) is public, the bottom half is privately owned. What if I catch a munster fish fishing at half depth? :rolleyes::P:yourock::o

On our local lake the top half of the water (by depth) is public, the bottom half is privately owned. What if I catch a munster fish fishing at half depth? :yourock::P:o:P

That might all depend if you can fish the bottom half for a fee and just how much of the fish was in each half at time of hook up and if all scales are intact! :rolleyes:

Edited by possum

A municipal corporation is the legal term for a local governing body, including (but not necessarily limited to) cities, counties, towns, townships, charter townships, villages, and boroughs. Municipal incorporation occurs when such municipalities become self-governing entities under the laws of the state or province in which they are located. Often, this event is marked by the award or declaration of a municipal charter.

The Village of Troy was a incorporated in 1794.

It has been a corporation for over 200 years.

I'm pretty sure your confusing municipal corporation with a business corporation.

Here's a definition of municipal corporation from a legal dictionary

A municipal corporation is a city, town, village, or borough that has governmental powers. A municipality is a city, town, village, or, in some states, a borough. A corporation is an entity capable of conducting business. Cities, towns, villages, and some boroughs are called municipal corporations because they have the power to conduct business with the private sector.

A municipal corporation is by definition a PUBLIC entity! You might be right that the city of Troy owns the reservoir outright, but the city of Troy is a public entity! It doesn't matter if a town, city, county, state, or federal government holds the water, it's still public. The government can ban fishing outright, it's still public.

It's really not that hard to understand, the City government of Troy New York is not a corporation in the same sense that the Bata Shoe Company is?

If you still don't get the difference you should read the first few pages of Abbot's *A Summary of Law of Public Corporations* which defines public, quasi-public, and private corporations.

Edited by pmk00001

I love ya'll but unless we are talking Wild water carp taken within the Rules of all CAG Events then its a no show. There is no way that any paylake or private/farm pond can count because they can be and are stocked with whatever the owner wants in them. Now, simply owning a lake lot doesn't give you controll of any fish.

Tom.

Would these fish count? They were from an apartment complex where I did not need to purchase any additional licenses, today, but also did not need my state license. The owners of the property are a government organization designed to provide low cost housing to the people of Massachusetts, and anyone can access the land. There are signs saying "Do Not Feed The Wildlife", yet I chummed. Article 244C of the Housing Code allow for the public to access these lands, yet the lands are private and a State License is not needed.

I was testing out "Pineapple Snap" flavored maize, and these two gorgeous chocolate beauties, plus some of it's friends, decided to take a liking to that particular flavor over any others.

So, do they count or not??

BTW, if not, can Rick Walker claim the fish he caught from here last year, including the gorgeous chesnut mirror? BTW, this pond is now effectionately called "Walker Pond"... :rolleyes:

post-197-1239312130.jpg

post-197-1239312139.jpg

Edited by Big Carphuna

Is is still considered flogging if the dead horse was privately owned or if the horse previously was a public servant carrying riot police?

Would these fish count? They were from an apartment complex where I did not need to purchase any additional licenses, today, but also did not need my state license. The owners of the property are a government organization designed to provide low cost housing to the people of Massachusetts, and anyone can access the land. There are signs saying "Do Not Feed The Wildlife", yet I chummed. Article 244C of the Housing Code allow for the public to access these lands, yet the lands are private and a State License is not needed.

I was testing out "Pineapple Snap" flavored maize, and these two gorgeous chocolate beauties, plus some of it's friends, decided to take a liking to that particular flavor over any others.

BTW, if not, can Rick Walker claim the fish he caught from here last year, including the gorgeous chesnut mirror? BTW, this pond is now effectionately called "Walker Pond"... :rolleyes:

NO

Is is still considered flogging if the dead horse was privately owned or if the horse previously was a public servant carrying riot police?

That is a great question, Matt. I'd have to say, if it was privately owned, that it was not the result of anything called "brutality", even if it used to carry riot police in action. If it is continuously beaten, it would be classified as "bludgeoning" as the public tax payers own the food given to it during training, and thus, the term "flogging" would not apply (unless we're talking about a dolphin or monkey that the public has rights to).

In this case, Matt, if one was to beat said deceased horse over and over, it would be called "bludgeoning a dead horse".

Now, if you were using a schillelagh bought on the Irish Black Market, it would be called "tenderizing a good meal".

NO

Please elaborate. It's not a private water, yet it is on land not policed by the MA DFW. I did not have to pay to enter, yet did not have to have a license either.

So why not??

BTW, if not, can Rick Walker claim the fish he caught from here last year, including the gorgeous chesnut mirror? BTW, this pond is now effectionately called "Walker Pond"... :yourock:

YES!!! Just lie like and say you caught them somewhere else! Something tells me theres lots of lieing that takes place with fishing anyway. Not saying or implying you lie or would ever lie! :rolleyes:

YES!!! Just lie like and say you caught them somewhere else! Something tells me theres lots of lieing that takes place with fishing anyway. Not saying or implying you lie or would ever lie! :rolleyes:

But Tom does, certainly. Right Tom??

OK, those fish were caught in Tomhannock Reservoir. Do they count now?

You'll find that those that carry a camera every where they go are looking for something to take a picture of. Just because I don't post pictures doesnt mean I don't catch. It means I still don't carry a camera very often. Big fish don't mean a thing to me. As long as your event has anything to do with big fish there will be those that will cheat/poach, and anything else they can do to get the title. Let em have it for all I care. Its no picture that makes what I do a success. Its the success that makes the picture.

Tom.

You'll find that those that carry a camera every where they go are looking for something to take a picture of. Just because I don't post pictures doesnt mean I don't catch. It means I still don't carry a camera very often. Big fish don't mean a thing to me. As long as your event has anything to do with big fish there will be those that will cheat/poach, and anything else they can do to get the title. Let em have it for all I care. Its no picture that makes what I do a success. Its the success that makes the picture.

Tom.

How very poetic, Tom! :rolleyes:

It's nice to see someone blame their own inadequecies on landing large fish on other's cheating. Excellent post! :yourock:

Edited by Big Carphuna

remember if we keep it simple KISS any water that requires a state issued license is fair game

while nice fish scott no they wouldnt count if you kept it simple ( and ill bet your license was in your wallet or pocket should you have been asked for it :rolleyes: ) . as tom stated there is always going to be someone trying to circumvent the rules if you make the rules too complicated its easier to circumvent .

for example

if you need a license to fish it counts if you dont need a license it doesnt ....... simple really

keep the no license spots for discovery month or some other program we run....... this one is license yes no license no simple right :yourock:

Mr. Big for clarifaction purposes! I wasn't being serious about the lieing! It was meant as humor and nothing more! Liers and cheats only cheat THEMSELVES when it all boils down!

NOR was I implying in anyway you lie or cheat!!!

It was HUMOR! nothing more!