Carp Anglers Group Forums
MadchesterCarper

A few from 7th place on Peg 13

Wow.... what a tournament, what a river, what a fantastic town..... what cracking fish! :o

We ended up in 7th place after faring a little better early on.... but still with nearly 1300 lbs of carp (and a dozen or so non-keepers) we came home knackered and happy carpers! I have a list as long as my sore arm of people to thank for enabling this great event to happen.... Dave, Kathy, all the Marshals, The Red Mill Inn and the people of Baldwinsville, but special thanks have to go out to my good friend Phil GB for being my partner with the golden balls, our sponsor Dynamite Baits, and also to Matt (Madchummer) who surprisingly showed up late on Thursday night to be our runner... which I now know is a MUST HAVE in an event like this.... a huge thanks to him for netting/sacking fish and doing the McDonalds breakfast run!! Cheers mate! :yourock:

Here's a few photos from 2 days on the Seneca River.... I'll let GB add his later...

post-5-1242658215.jpg

My home from home on the bank!

post-5-1242658247.jpg

My first B'ville carp

post-5-1242658272.jpg

A nice 22

post-5-1242658293.jpg

Big fish for a short time... 26lb 8oz

post-5-1242658327.jpg

GB doing what he does best after a Starbucks or 2!

post-5-1242658378.jpg

A nice 24 pounder

post-5-1242658404.jpg

GB with one of many!

post-5-1242658425.jpg

A nice place to spend 2 days!

post-5-1242658459.jpg

My favorite fish of the event for me... a gorgeous mirror!

We'll be back next year! :rolleyes:

Edited by MadchesterCarper

Wow.... what a tournament, what a river, what a fantastic town..... what cracking fish! :o

We ended up in 7th place after faring a little better early on.... but still with nearly 1300 lbs of carp (and a dozen or so non-keepers) we came home knackered and happy carpers! I have a list as long as my sore arm of people to thank for enabling this great event to happen.... Dave, Kathy, all the Marshals, The Red Mill Inn and the people of Baldwinsville, but special thanks have to go out to my good friend Phil GB for being my partner with the golden balls, our sponsor Dynamite Baits, and also to Matt (Madchummer) who surprisingly showed up late on Thursday night to be our runner... which I now know is a MUST HAVE in an event like this.... a huge thanks to him for netting/sacking fish and doing the McDonalds breakfast run!! Cheers mate! :yourock:

Here's a few photos from 2 days on the Seneca River.... I'll let GB add his later...

post-5-1242658215.jpg

My home from home on the bank!

post-5-1242658247.jpg

My first B'ville carp

post-5-1242658272.jpg

A nice 22

post-5-1242658293.jpg

Big fish for a short time... 26lb 8oz

post-5-1242658327.jpg

GB doing what he does best after a Starbucks or 2!

post-5-1242658378.jpg

A nice 24 pounder

post-5-1242658404.jpg

GB with one of many!

post-5-1242658425.jpg

A nice place to spend 2 days!

post-5-1242658459.jpg

My favorite fish of the event for me... a gorgeous mirror!

We'll be back next year! :rolleyes:

Stew ,

it was nice to finally catch up with you. altho it was in the early hours of the AM.

glad you lads got up there on the leader board and also had some smashing fish out! look forwards to being there again next year,

thanks for sharing the photos!

all the best matey!

Joel.

Red Roller Wheels! You tart!

Stewart & Phil,

Do you think that it was my Well Wishing that put the Whammy on you??????????????? I Pray NOT as getting the oppertunity to fish the event is a Goal of many. I wish that there could have been more hours of screeming alarms! Well Done, one way or the other and be Ready for next Year!

HOPPY4

awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent stuff Stew!

I agree with you, B'ville rocks. We were stuck at the far end (peg 42) and the fish were just not there, we ended up with a few hundred pounds, but I got my first American mirror (20lb pics to come this eve) and had a great time at the event seeing some old faces and meeting some new ones. I'll definately be back next year.

Excellent stuff Stew!

I agree with you, B'ville rocks. We were stuck at the far end (peg 42) and the fish were just not there, we ended up with a few hundred pounds, but I got my first American mirror (20lb pics to come this eve) and had a great time at the event seeing some old faces and meeting some new ones. I'll definately be back next year.

full force Kev full force!

Guest Lonnie King

Stew - Awesome Photos - I seem to recall seeing that same boat a few times running through our swim as well.. I have to echo your praise for the organizers and the people of Baldswinville - the most professionally run event I have taken part in. Everyone we met, including the competitors were top knotch.

Kev - We looked at Peg 34 while scouting out the area... that looked to be one of the toughest of them all, I recall the water was very clear and no fish topping while we were there. My hats off to you for sticking it out and making the most of it.

We got a few nice photos, but didn't really have a lot of time, and zero sleep. I'll try to post some pics shortly.

Cheers,

LK

Sounds like a great event, well done Stew I followed all your progress on the leader board - when do you think Dave will make it a proper carp tournament and run it over 120 hours :rolleyes:

Sounds like a great event, well done Stew I followed all your progress on the leader board - when do you think Dave will make it a proper carp tournament and run it over 120 hours :yourock:

It's funny... I actually asked him yesterday to extend it to at least 72 hours for next year..... His answer was **** Off!! :rolleyes:

It's funny... I actually asked him yesterday to extend it to at least 72 hours for next year..... His answer was **** Off!! :rolleyes:

120 hours there?!! Yeah right!! LOL

Stew,

It was great meeting you guys. Sorry we couldn't scare more of the fish from the bridge your way. Phil had us cracking-up the entire tourney. It was fun fishing next to you guys on the Right. :o The left was a little duddy, fuddy. :rolleyes: The best part was when the railroad crew came in and started fixing the bridge. I was thinking, how did they know which 3 rivets of the 1000's needed fixing. :yourock:

Kent has all our pics so have to wait for them.

We will def be back next year. We did OK for a couple rookies pegged between 2 pro teams. We learned a lot, thanks to the guys on the Right. Again thanks so much for sharing.

Let us not forget Our friendly and fun Marshall Phil from Ohio. He did a great Job and was kept quite busy by you guys. :P

Later,

Bill

Stew,

Good stuff! That's the same swim Andy, Tel and I had last year!! :rolleyes:

This is the same peg that Colin and myself had the first year. It was peg 12 then and peg 12 last year also. It would seem peg 13 finished 3rd the first two years but it wasnt this peg. :yourock:

Tom.

Nice fish Stewart...congratulations. Esp the Mirra! A lovely colour.

One thing though...what's Phil doing in the river again after 2 starbucks? There was a portapotty up the bank a bit, so there was no need for him to do that....?

Nice fish Stewart...congratulations. Esp the Mirra! A lovely colour.

One thing though...what's Phil doing in the river again after 2 starbucks? There was a portapotty up the bank a bit, so there was no need for him to do that....?

The truth be known, he was tearing up the weeds from the botom and sending them down to get into my lines. You can see him clearly looking down to my swim watching them in the current. :rolleyes::yourock:

ps no joke but funny.

Edited by Mr Big