Carp Anglers Group Forums
Sign in to follow this  
louis

The CAG Spring Big 4 Wrap Up

The first ever CAG Spring Big Four was a huge success! I was humbled to host 67 participants who submitted some unbelievable fish from unsuspecting places all over the continent!

In the adults category,

1st place, Mario Kok out of Neuvo Leon, Mexico with 150 lbs !!!

40_13

37_8

36_6

35_5

Mario had an amazing session through the last few days of the competition that brought him from one end of the leader board to the other. Mario caught the second biggest fish of the whole competition, his new Mexican PB.

40.13a.jpg

2nd place was taken by Tom Bigelow, from the unlikely state of Ohio, with 132 lbs 2 oz.

41_2

35_5

32_14

22_13

It was truly amazing to see these big fish come from Ohio. Thanks Tom for proving that any state can be a contender in a tournament like this! Tom's 41 was not only the big fish for this event, but a record catch for CAG member in Ohio!

tb1.jpg

3rd place came from the North, taken by Ed Jarvis from Ontario, Canada with 129 lbs.

36_8

31_8

31_0

30_0

Everyone knows how much potential lies in Canada, It was awesome to see it shown in a big way during the big 4!

P2190263.JPG

Next we have the juniors who had some equally surprising results!

In 1st place is Dave Liptock with 91 lbs 13 oz from another sleeper state, Pennsylvania!

28_0

25_5

20_8

18_0

After a great showing at the DC fish in, Dave jumped up the leader board with some amazing mirrors I would have never guessed came from Pennsylvania, including this 28!

mixedphotos023-2.jpg

In 2nd was a familiar face, one of CAG's top Junior Anglers, Justin Morris from California with 63 lbs 7 oz!

15_3

12_0

10_0

9_12

Justin is one of the most prolific anglers we have and it was no surprise to see him high on the leader board!

a.jpg

Our 3rd place junior, Matt Hogle, is our second winner from Ohio finishing with 62 lbs 2 oz!

14_8

12_5

12_11

11_4

Matt also captured a few stunning mirrors!

1205matt.jpg

Next year should be even better after so many helpful ideas from participants and other CAG members have given. Thanks to all for a great first run!!

post-500-1244489959.jpg

Although I didn't get to enter any fish in this one, I'm glad I signed up to support the cause, and just thrilled at the standards that were set.

I really had no thoughts about what might be any winning weights -- just really hoped the big ones would get "winkled" out-- which they of course did.

I think the whole idea - (and results)are a big feather in CAG's cap, and has done a lot to bring Carping further to the fore,

Many congratulations to all the lucky winners -- and to everyone that participated.

Cheers,

Brid.

Great event Louis! Congratulations again to all the winners. :yourock:

Just checked my School Report on this........it says "Could Do Better!"

Nothing new there then. :rolleyes:

Iain

p.s. Did you and Matt manage to finagle any "sex-indifferent" carp over the weekend?

Guest The Bait Stop

Congrats to all particpants and organizers...top job and 150 is a fantastic bar to set :rolleyes:

Guest Lonnie King

Special thanks to Louis for making this happen, I'm sure there was a lot of work behind the scenes. Congrats to the competitors on some great fish!!! It really made a nice spectator element to the website. Looking forward to next year!

cheers,

LK

Hello Tracy here. Congrats to Louis and all the winners! :rolleyes: Aside from a glitch here and there, I got up every morning needing to see the leaderboard. (I'm pretty sad aren't I) Had lots of fun and saw an amazing amount of carpers trying to put Chicago back on the map. We gave it a run. Can't wait for next year. later

Edited by CHIBIGTEE

It was an honor to participate and an even bigger honor to represent Mexico. I think very few people would have thought Mexico had a serious chance in this competition, and to be able to reach the 150lb mark was even less likely. But somehow it worked out better than expected. Again, I owe a lot to Luis Vargas as well as Don Pedro and his son Dolores.

See you again next time! :yourock:

And Louis, great job, keep'm coming...A big thank you also for the sponsors. :rolleyes:

A great event, it put some spice back into fishing again!

I thoroughly enjoyed being a participant & Kudos to everyone who organised / sponsored/arranged the event.

Next year will be tougher I'm sure!

ATB Carpsava

A huge pat on the back goes to all the winners for some fantastic "hauling" and a big THANK YOU is offered to Louis for creating/hosting the event. Special thanks to Chibigtee (Tracy) for encouraging Illinois anglers to get involved. It was gratifying to see six Illinois carpers in the top 20--the most from any state or province and all with well over 100 pounds of fish! --Frank

Feels good to create and run a successful event, isn't it, Louis? :o

No, seriously well done. I didn't expect this would turn out as well, and... I was wrong... it did. I'm no longer yawning. :rolleyes: You created a classic event here. Cool.

Mega congrats to Mario, of course, but to all the other winners. An impressive show of big fish all over the place and quite a surprise with all those mirrors! And those youngsters did pretty good too, I couldn't believe this fully scaled 28lber, whoah.

The only disappointing performance was Redcoat of course... 12 oz... Immensely enjoyable... :yourock:

Also, I sent an email out requesting mailing addresses from the winners. I haven't heard back from any! please reply! :rolleyes:

Well done to all who participated..... I was going to make a donation (enter :rolleyes: ) but left it too late!..Will give it a go next year !!

Congrats to the winners with their very impressive fish !!!..

All the best.... Val

PS... great idea Louis !!

Awesome Job to all that participated and big props to the Prez also :rolleyes:

The only disappointing performance was Redcoat of course... 12 oz... Immensely enjoyable... :yourock:

I guess you're still looking for that thirty then Jerome? :rolleyes:

If so, you'd better get moving on it because I'm planning on getting another this weekend......and not from where you think!

Iain