Carp Anglers Group Forums
ScottEvil

107 degrees on the flats

Man you one fly mamma jammer . Btw you carpin or on a s.w.a.t. Raid :yourock::rolleyes: congrats and props for manning up to the weather :o

Forgive my question, but what is the purpose of that mask you are wearing?

It is a "buff" headware that basically is a tube of 4 layer fabric that blocks 95% of UV so you can get complete sun protection without feeling hot. Believe it or not I wasnt hot with it on. They are more popular with the salt water fishermen but gaining acceptance from the freshwater flats fishermen. They look kinda crazy but well worth the protection they give

Edited by ScottEvil

Guest SWeiss

Right on. You're a die hard braving those temps. Too many "nice" days to go fishing to put up with that! LOL!

Sounds like a well deserved catch Scott. Funny though, that's how we dress in the winter to fish up here in the great white North :rolleyes:

You're a madman indeed for braving those temps. I hadn't been fishing in daylight in about 6 weeks before Sunday. Nice fish Achmed!

Guest jackh

i probably would have stayed home in the AC so nice job. i love my buff, waaay cooler than wearing a hat. cant wait to wear in in duck season too

No tatts for this short, fat, old, white guy; but in Wisconsin; home of the Harley, I learned a long time ago that it is more about what is in the man than on him. Life is all good and if you chase carp with a fly rod, even though you look funny to us old guys - you're alright - :rolleyes:

I have worn double billed caps for years and years. One friend actually told me that I couldn't fish in his boat looking like that. We like to give each other grief once in a while - it's all in fun. I just ordered and wore for the first time one of those Arabian king type of hats fly fishing. One of those hats with the very long fabric that completely covers your neck. Being fairly light, I go from no tan to lobster in short order. That head dress is interesting and looks very practical but don't go in the bank with one on or come to my front door either.

Enjoyed the photos SE. A man must have a passion to chase them in that heat.

Rick