Carp Anglers Group Forums

"THE FIGHTING ROUGHFISH'S" Illinois Carp Championship

Guest THE BIG WORM

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from Dixon. The river is in great shape and very fishable. The water has even cleared quite a bit. Everything should be great this weekend. BTW...DO NOT FORGET your bug spray !!!!! The skeeters will get you!

Just got back from Dixon. The river is in great shape and very fishable. The water has even cleared quite a bit. Everything should be great this weekend. BTW...DO NOT FORGET your bug spray !!!!! The skeeters will get you!

Yeah I checked the hydrographs and levels are normal :)

The rules sheet shows a "meet & greet" for Friday at Page Park. What time and is anything scheduled for this? Anybody planning to attend? Is camping allowed on Friday night at either Page or Lowell Park?

The rules sheet shows a "meet & greet" for Friday at Page Park. What time and is anything scheduled for this? Anybody planning to attend? Is camping allowed on Friday night at either Page or Lowell Park?

Ill be there saturday at 7am for peg draw. See ya all then :)

Guest cornball

Water levels and fishing reports have been great. And it looks like fair to cool on the temps should help with the misquitos.

A couple of notes:

1) a canoe race will be going by early Saturday.......planed by another town north of there. Just found out. Pack some backleads and be nice.....Thanks in advance.

2) It gets pretty Dark there as there are no street lights so have your lights.

3) Have your scales there early so we can check them out, since we are doing a neighboring team sign off be respectful of the other teams space, equipment and etc.

4) I'll be running around friday, but I'll be based out of Page Park at the Lions pavillion. Noon seems to be when alot of the people will be showing up.

5) Have an extra pint or two of blood, or shower in peppermint before coming, there will be misquitos!!

A couple of reports from two differnt groups pre-fishing A week and a half ago two anglers caught like crazy with a number of fish over 30", they did not have a scale. They also hooked into something that they fought for 20 minutes before it snapped their ROD!!! and line. Another was from this weekend, anumber of commons with Koi tails were caught......very beautiful fish......

See you soon!

Water levels and fishing reports have been great. And it looks like fair to cool on the temps should help with the misquitos.

A couple of notes:

1) a canoe race will be going by early Saturday.......planed by another town north of there. Just found out. Pack some backleads and be nice.....Thanks in advance.

2) It gets pretty Dark there as there are no street lights so have your lights.

3) Have your scales there early so we can check them out, since we are doing a neighboring team sign off be respectful of the other teams space, equipment and etc.

4) I'll be running around friday, but I'll be based out of Page Park at the Lions pavillion. Noon seems to be when alot of the people will be showing up.

5) Have an extra pint or two of blood, or shower in peppermint before coming, there will be misquitos!!

A couple of reports from two differnt groups pre-fishing A week and a half ago two anglers caught like crazy with a number of fish over 30", they did not have a scale. They also hooked into something that they fought for 20 minutes before it snapped their ROD!!! and line. Another was from this weekend, anumber of commons with Koi tails were caught......very beautiful fish......

See you soon!

Hi Larry

Sorry, but I can't fish this weekend.

I have a wedding this saturday 28th.

I wish to be with you guys.

Have a good time.

Marcin

Guest cornball

Larry H. , The meet and greet is an informal thing over at Page Park. I will be there to sign up derby folks, to test anglers scales, and to settle up with people,instruct stewards, etc. . There are grills if anyone wants to cook. And because it is below the dam it is o.k. for FRF ICC anglers to do a little practice fishing/demonstrations for people signing up and maybe gain a few new CAG members. I'm hoping to get a local Pizza place to have us over later in evening, its not final.....and you guys may have to go without me as I have alot to get ready with limited help. As for the camping, the reason the city put up part of the prize money wa to encourage people to visit Dixon and to encourage supporting local businesses. If you want to help with some of the set up, and signing up I'm sure we can find room for you at the Stewards Camp.

Cory B., You didn't leave your phone # when you called, consider this your return call...... My Cell (239) 246-2742

Jim, That's the best news I've had all day!!! We'll find room. Can't wait to see Jathan and Adam, tell them to drive safe......and I'll talk to you tomarrow. Good to see the Hoosier Carpers represented. :)

I did a bit of searching for a convenient breakfast spot on Saturday morning and found: Town and Country Family Restaurant located on highway 26 between Page Park and Lowell Park. They open at 6A and serve a full breakfast menu. For those wanting an address to punch in the GPS (1135 N. Galena Ave.)

Best of Luck and Skill to all that participate....oh and Mike make sure to park away from the road :)

A Michigan Team of bandits has entered to hopefully take away all the loot and prizes like you Illinois fellas do to us :D

Sounds like a great event...props to the organizers!!

Best of Luck and Skill to all that participate....oh and Mike make sure to park away from the road :)

A Michigan Team of bandits has entered to hopefully take away all the loot and prizes like you Illinois fellas do to us :D

Sounds like a great event...props to the organizers!!

Save a little money for the Hoosier Carpers to take home.

Guest cornball

Good news Jim, Indiana just doubled their odds. Looking forward to seeing them.

Once again, prepare for the misquitos at night!! Peppermint camp Soap is really great stuff to use leading up to an event. Sports Authority and Rei usually have it, there is a Misquito version as well.

Bring you cameras, and please post pictures if you can....I don't know how to do it, I will bring my laptop out if someone is willing to show me what to do.

Guest cornball

Here is the current list, we have room for one more team, maybe two.....as I don't have confirms from the Dixon teams yet.....Let me know who might wan to make it......Larry.

1) Mirek M & partner (Paid)

2) Josef Settele and Bobby Chodke

3) Frank Rink and Mike Olinger

4) Dan Ramir and Scarpo

5) Tracey Jordan and Paul Wells

6) Paul Sanders and Greg Stelmach

7) Bill Hodge and Dave Moran

8) Don McIntyre and Mark Locey

9) Cory B. and Rick B.

10) Paul Scott and Jeremy Cox (deposit/qualifier)

11) Larry H. and Sam Snow (Paid)

12) Jesus Lopez and Massimo Palazzi (deposit)

13) Fernando Esquidel and Honorro .... (paid)

14) Ed Montgomery and Rudolfo Garcia (paid)

15) Ioan Iacob and TBA

16) Ernest Kolodziejczyk and TBA

17) Jathan Imhausen and Adam Jenkins

18) Rick Slinker & Dan Rooze

19) Dixon Local team #1 (names not forwarded yet)

20) Dixon local Team #2 (names not forwarded yet)

Also, check the list, I have listed those who I have recieved deposits from........The rest will need to bring cash.

A Second "Hoosier Carpers / Westside Bait" team has officially entered the field.

Red Team: Adam Jenkins and Jathan Imhausen

Blue Team: Rick Slinker and Dan Rooze

I will be serving as the Captain of Both Teams from My Headquarters in Indianapolis.

Well that's it.....the rest of us are fighting for second place if Rick is coming :)

Looking forward to seeing you again buddy!

Well that's it.....the rest of us are fighting for second place if Rick is coming :)

Looking forward to seeing you again buddy!

Be nice to meet up, with you and Hodge, and the whole bunch of you Illy Boyz who been getting my $$$ for the past few yeras. :D

Here is the current list, we have room for one more team, maybe two.....as I don't have confirms from the Dixon teams yet.....Let me know who might wan to make it......Larry.

1) Mirek M & partner (Paid)

2) Josef Settele and Bobby Chodke

3) Frank Rink and Mike Olinger

4) Dan Ramir and Scarpo

5) Tracey Jordan and Paul Wells

6) Paul Sanders and Greg Stelmach

7) Bill Hodge and Dave Moran

8) Don McIntyre and Mark Locey

9) Cory B. and Rick B.

10) Paul Scott and Jeremy Cox (deposit/qualifier)

11) Larry H. and Sam Snow (Paid)

12) Jesus Lopez and Massimo Palazzi (deposit)

13) Fernando Esquidel and Honorro .... (paid)

14) Ed Montgomery and Rudolfo Garcia (paid)

15) Ioan Iacob and TBA

16) Ernest Kolodziejczyk and TBA

17) Jathan Imhausen and Adam Jenkins

18) Rick Slinker & Dan Rooze

19) Dixon Local team #1 (names not forwarded yet)

20) Dixon local Team #2 (names not forwarded yet)

Also, check the list, I have listed those who I have recieved deposits from........The rest will need to bring cash.

It's an impressive list of veteran, seasoned competitors. Good luck to all!--Frank

The Illinois Carpers have always had an affection for Indiana money. :)

Here is a brief look at some of the Indiana money that has made it's way across the border to Illinois.

Couldn't lose it to a better bunch of guys.

White River Invitational Indianapolis IN

1st Place: Ernest K. (IL) $600

3rd. Place Big Fish: Luke Bober (IL) $100

Hurshtown Res. Tournament Ft. Wayne IN

2nd Place: Larry Kirchner (IL) $150

Maizo Canal Tournament Hammond IN

1st. Place Paul Wells (IL) $300

2nd. Place Adam Holodok (IL) $225

3rd. Place Marcin Syzlodski (IL) $150

5th Place Ernest K. (IL) Medal

2nd Pl. Big Fish Paul Wells (IL) $75

St. Joe River Tournament Mishawaka IN

1st Place: Mike Olinger (IL) $290

2nd. Place: Dave Moran (IL) $215

4th Place: Paul Wells (IL) $75

Big Fish: Tracey Jourdan (IL) $150

Big Fish 2nd: Paul Wells (IL) $75

Cataract LakeTournament Cloverdale IN

3rd. Place: Luke Bober (IL) $110

2nd Pl. Big Fish: Luke Bober (IL) Big Fish: $55

Season Champions:

1st. Place: Ernest K. $300 (IL)

3rd. Place: Paul Wells $150 (IL)

Big Fish of Year: Tracey Jourdan(IL) $300

2nd. Pl. Big fish of year: Dave Moran(IL) $225

3rd Place Big Fish: Paul Wells(IL): $150

Pike Lake Team Tournament. Warsaw IN

1st. Place: Josef Setel (IL) and Larry Kirchner(IL) $1,000

Big Fish: Josef Setel (IL) $250

*pretty close to $5,000

Good Luck to all the teams participating. To all of the out of state teams, just know that the Illinois boys don't give up that money easy.

Edited by JIM DONLAN

The Illinois Carpers have always had an affection for Indiana money. :)

Here is a brief look at some of the Indiana money that has made it's way across the border to Illinois.

Couldn't lose it to a better bunch of guys.

White River Invitational Indianapolis IN

1st Place: Ernest K. (IL) $600

3rd. Place Big Fish: Luke Bober (IL) $100

Hurshtown Res. Tournament Ft. Wayne IN

2nd Place: Larry Kirchner (IL) $150

Maizo Canal Tournament Hammond IN

1st. Place Paul Wells (IL) $300

2nd. Place Adam Holodok (IL) $225

3rd. Place Marcin Syzlodski (IL) $150

5th Place Ernest K. (IL) Medal

2nd Pl. Big Fish Paul Wells (IL) $75

St. Joe River Tournament Mishawaka IN

1st Place: Mike Olinger (IL) $290

2nd. Place: Dave Moran (IL) $215

4th Place: Paul Wells (IL) $75

Big Fish: Tracey Jourdan (IL) $150

Big Fish 2nd: Paul Wells (IL) $75

Cataract LakeTournament Cloverdale IN

3rd. Place: Luke Bober (IL) $110

2nd Pl. Big Fish: Luke Bober (IL) Big Fish: $55

Season Champions:

1st. Place: Ernest K. $300 (IL)

3rd. Place: Paul Wells $150 (IL)

Big Fish of Year: Tracey Jourdan(IL) $300

2nd. Pl. Big fish of year: Dave Moran(IL) $225

3rd Place Big Fish: Paul Wells(IL): $150

Pike Lake Team Tournament. Warsaw IN

1st. Place: Josef Setel (IL) and Larry Kirchner(IL) $1,000

Big Fish: Josef Setel (IL) $250

*pretty close to $5,000

Good Luck to all the teams participating. To all of the out of state teams, just know that the Illinois boys don't give up that money easy.

I'm sure a fair portion of that 5 grand remained in Indiana after the events, Jim. Plus, there are those of us not on that list who have left a few entry/bait/tackle dollars in Hoosierland. :D

Guest cornball

I want to thank Jim from Westside Baits for his generous help with getting trophy's, I hear he had them engraved with the HOOSIER CARPERS names on them to put the pressure on them to win. Just kidding..... . But seriously, thanks for the help. Waiting for one peticular envelope to be in hand before I put out the total..... not trying to coy......just don't want to be wrong. There will be some raffle prizes courtesy of World Classic Baits, and Wacker Baits.

Pegs are marked, but end pegs may change depending on the turn out, just a reminder...you can move anywhere in your peg....and in some you will need to for casting, landing etc.

Water level is high average, and dropping, and fairly clear for the Rock, Average current close, but if your out 150 yards in 20ft of water you will have alot of line in the water so plan accordingly. Grass is cut, park is clean, remember your trash bags and bring your head lights.....the bathroom is not lit......and there is one 1oowatt bulb for the whole 640 acres.

Got two misquito bites for 4 hours out during the day......as it got dark, that changed......be prepared.

Fires in pitts and grills only, be safe

Flat Grass with a 1-3 foot sand/silt slope about 12' to the water. Gentle silt slope for netting in the water.....edge may be a little soft for tennies if your afraid of a little mud. But netting shoulod be easy.

No one is ever down there at night........be mindful there may be skunks...raccons...bigfoot...etc.

See you soon!!